Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Adding Outbreak to bZ7's map rotation

I like outbreak, both attacking and defending. But from what I understand, a lot of the newer players haven't downloaded it even though it's free. So typically when I've played it on rush in the past, we lose about a quarter of the players when we switch to that map. Not a problem during busy hours, but late at night or earlier in the day it will shut down the server.

I think the players that would get kicked for not having the DLC would then go and get the DLC, especially if it's free. They'd be like "Oh, I got kicked. That sucks. Let me find out why. Oh, it's because I don't have the DLC. Let me see about getting that DLC. Oh, it's free and it's gonna let me play new maps I didn't know existed!? Sounds good to me!"

I like outbreak, both attacking and defending. But from what I understand, a lot of the newer players haven't downloaded it even though it's free. So typically when I've played it on rush in the past, we lose about a quarter of the players when we switch to that map. Not a problem during busy hours, but late at night or earlier in the day it will shut down the server.
Since bZ7 uses a voting system for map selection, if outbreak isn't popular with the new players, then it simply won't get voted/played. Also, for the less popular (read: not fun) rush maps, most people clear out of the server anyway to skip for the next one. I don't think having Outbreak as a voting option will kill the server, that seems a bit extreme.

-bZ-CenPie

-bZ- Member
I think the players that would get kicked for not having the DLC would then go and get the DLC, especially if it's free. They'd be like "Oh, I got kicked. That sucks. Let me find out why. Oh, it's because I don't have the DLC. Let me see about getting that DLC. Oh, it's free and it's gonna let me play new maps I didn't know existed!? Sounds good to me!"
That's some great optimism, but most people are too lazy to go do that; I've witnessed it firsthand.