Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

All pro Heli pilots, come say Hi!

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
Quick reminder for everyone to stay out of my airspace.

Deleted pretty much all my saved clips to make space for video reports.. So this is what I could find on my youtube.

mauirixxx

Donator
@xXSyndica7eXx inspired me to make my own video. He is a God and I am but a mere sheep. Enjoy!

TY for not using potato quality export settings.

What video card are you running? You may be able to export at 4k / 100 Mbps without affecting your in-game performance, even if you only play at 1080p - the only real downside is your clips are going to take up way more space to store :/

But your YouTube uploads will just look sooooo much cleaner.

-bZ-Reaper

-bZ- Member
I'm running at 1440p on an RTX 3090 and I record with Nvidia overlay. The problem is I made this video with iMovie and had to settle for 1080p. I need a true 4K monitor.

mauirixxx

Donator
I'm running at 1440p on an RTX 3090 and I record with Nvidia overlay. The problem is I made this video with iMovie and had to settle for 1080p. I need a true 4K monitor.

ok the iMovie thing I understand, as it may be limiting you to 1080p exports.

However, Shadowplay does allow you to export at 4k/60FPS despite playing at 1440p. My kid plays at 1080p/144Hz on a GTX 1080 Ti, but exports clips at 4k/60FPS/100Mbps bit rate.

In the Shadowplay settings menu, scroll down to:

* Video Capture
* Resolution: change it from In Game (or 1080p) to 2160p 4k - because of the dedicated NVENC chip, it won't affect your in-game performance at all
* Framerate: I'm gonna assume you already have that set to 60 FPS
* Bit Rate: this is very important! Lower bit rate saves on hard drive space but then you get potato quality video. YouTube claims a maximum 50 Mbps bit rate, but I always do 100 Mbps uploads. Set yours to the maximum - it may be 130, though RTX cards may be higher?

And finally - drop iMovie. Go download the free version of Davinci Resolve. It will work with your 4k video clips, and will export up to 4k 60 FPS videos. The paid version lets you export higher resolutions and frame rate, but if you're just doing video clips to YouTube, 4k 60FPS is perfect.

Not trying to pimp my videos here, but I want to show a 4k 60 FPS 100 Mbps video - it's super crisp and clean even with YouTube's compression:
(this was also made with the free version of Davinci Resolve.

TL;DR: You don't need a 4k monitor to export 4k video clips.

-bZ-Reaper

-bZ- Member
Thanks for the great tips! Yeah I hadn't messed around too much with Shadowplay settings so I was definitely missing out on some quality. And you're absolutely right iMovie is trash.

That video of yours rocks. Love it.

Last edited:

mauirixxx

Donator
Thanks for the great tips! Yeah I hadn't messed around too much with Shadowplay settings so I was definitely missing out on some quality. And you're absolutely right iMovie is trash.

That video rock of yours rocks. Love it.

Thanks man

I look forward to your future videos. When you check out resolve hit me up if you hit any roadblocks. I don’t imagine you will though Resolve is pretty straight forward to use until you get to the super fancy stuff