Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

ARMA III - Server Changelog / Wishlist

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Bringing this up because I know some of us really like the game, would love to have our own server, but want to know what's going on.

I'll post more as I think of it, or add it as people let me know, but here it goes.

Things I would like to see....
  • Raid Groups
    • Only triggered after x number of people on server (say 10 people)
    • Players can disconnect after 60 seconds (discourage people from logging when a raid group is near so they can keep camping missions)
    • No raid groups?
  • Rules of Engagement
    • Do not engage players exiting safe zones (no camping within 1000 meters)
    • Refrain from engaging bambies and noobs
  • Bases
    • Stay out of military!

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I like the idea of only trigger raid groups after X people join, and disconnection threshold to 60. I also like the ROE and base rules you propose.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
There are quite a few people that like to log in/out to avoid raid groups which kind of defeats the purpose of raid groups. I think setting the disco time to 60 seconds would prevent a lot of that.

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
Only bad thing about safezone rules is the grey area that always comes up. As someone who admined on a top ranked arma 2 dayz epoch server i can safely say there's always some asshats who will abuse that in some manner to get around it, or people who will use those rules as a way to avoid combat. Of course if you let players do fuck all it gets out of hand. Sucks either way really.

60 sec dc is good. Prevents combat logging as well. Only downside is it doesn't prevent a hard log (force closing game/alt+F4 for example). I'm not sure if someone has written a script for the Arma 3 version yet but, it might be worth looking into one that will punish players who abuse that method to get around the 60s. In the past it would basically force a set time of unconciousness on the player, or in extreme cases if the admins wanted it, death upon logging in or a gear wipe.

Base rules are important. Military is almost always a no no in any server. Same applies to industrial, hospitals, grocery stores. Basically any "key" building. Building within a set distance of a safezone shouldn't matter much since you have rules outlining camping essentially (or abusing it in general).

KoS-killing on sight against bambis (freshly spawned players) or noobs... How would you recommend telling that apart? A bambi is pretty easy to tell, as they won't have a weapon. A noob though, imo if someone has a gun (especially if it's pointed in my direction) is a threat and I tend to take them out if I deem them in my way of my objective or route. I don't think people should just mindlessly kill everything that moves, especially when it comes to raiding bases. You get some players that go overkill just to be an ass.

Since it would be a new server trying to startup I'd just say to cut people a little slack if you know they're new. Let them establish themselves a little before just wrecking someone. You don't want to drive people away but at the same time you don't want to limit someones fun too much. Hard line to walk in some cases.

Just my 2 cents.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Agreed on most points.

The safezone rule should only be limited to exiting the safezone. As it is, I'll often just DC and walk a way for a while if I know someone is outside camping the terminal.

A similar decorum should apply to those INSIDE the "SAFE" zone. We should prohibit people from camping vehicles in safezone. There is always one or two guys just waiting for you to get out of, or unlock your vehicle so they can try and snatch it. That's not very safe.

Abandoned vehicles, especially after restart, should be up for grabs.

I'm not sure what happens when someone hard logs, or what happens to their character in game. I would hope that it would stay in play for the 60 seconds.

Babmis are easy to spot, especially if they are falling from the sky in an orange jumpsuit over a bambi spawn. Just give them a chance to get in game before we chase them off.

EZ Bawlin

-bZ- Member
Donator
Yeah bambis are hit or miss for me. If they are lingoring around and could potentially do harm I'll shoot them if they are dumb enough to keep testing me. Alt F4ing during combat should make your guy stand there for a few extra seconds but idk if there is any way to change that, being and arma thing.. The raid groups, ill have to look more into.. I know the random crates dropping from the sky are 10+ players only and the earthquakes are every 1-2 hours. Wish I had more time to look into this stuff etc.. Weekends are usually best and im usually pooped already from work when I get home mon-friday. If you're still playing arma Dots or Cr8Z and have some free time lmk and we can get ya plugged into the system to take a look at stuff. I'm just as new to most of this as you are im guessing.

more zombiesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss LOL. BUT more moderation. as we could have more hackers ect. ect ect just a thought.

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
If you're still playing arma Dots or Cr8Z and have some free time lmk and we can get ya plugged into the system to take a look at stuff. I'm just as new to most of this as you are im guessing.

I still play, though not nearly as often as I used to. I can help if needed though. Just hit me up on Steam anytime. I'm not familiar with Arma3 mods, but I can't imagine it's that different from Arma2 since it's built the same way.

Wheels

-bZ- Member
When is the raid groups going to end on tanoa and the patrols increased? Is this even going to happen?