Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Appeal Approved Ban Appeal: RefinersSon

In-game Name RefinersSon

Have you cheated before? No

What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? I have no idea. I haven't played in what seems like a week, or more. I seem to remember being auto kicked for tk because I was trying to defend Metro ramp and shot an HE grenade from near lockers to ramp door at B. Someone strafed near ramp door, my HE nade detonated on them and the splash damage took out them and what looked like 3-4 friendlies near them that closed in to cover ramp door. That's the best of my recollection on my end since I was instantly kicked. I can see why that would look bad on "paper" but it wasn't intentional.

Why should we lift your ban? I've followed the rules and reported the rule breakers to the best of my ability after being punished harshly in the past. Because of this, I have a good reputation and am confused because I have returned to play after a week and am permanently banned from BZ after having had no warnings at all.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
The ban was automatic for TKs but I don't think you're being very forthcoming/honest here...

Code:
[01:25:39] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED freddiezbackward
[01:29:19] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED nebula9050
[02:01:18] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED Gator_Skywalker
[02:06:56] ProconRulz: NickFlamenFoxx TEAMKILLED RefinersSon
[02:10:46] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED wrek2
[02:14:27] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED wrek2
[02:25:50] ProconRulz: wrek2 TEAMKILLED RefinersSon
[02:33:01] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED wrek2
[02:38:31] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED Alluhakbarbomb
[02:42:18] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED Alluhakbarbomb
[02:43:06] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED Alluhakbarbomb
[02:43:25] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED Alluhakbarbomb
[02:44:44] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED IWillDoTheShoost
[02:45:59] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED toastrulezz
[02:46:03] ProconRulz: IWillDoTheShoost TEAMKILLED RefinersSon
[02:46:15] ProconRulz: IWillDoTheShoost TEAMKILLED RefinersSon
[02:46:29] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED IWillDoTheShoost
[02:46:36] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED toastrulezz
[02:46:42] ProconRulz: IWillDoTheShoost TEAMKILLED RefinersSon
[02:47:05] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED IWillDoTheShoost
[02:47:11] ProconRulz: toastrulezz TEAMKILLED RefinersSon
[02:47:29] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED toastrulezz
[02:49:19] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED toastrulezz
[02:50:57] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED IWillDoTheShoost
[02:51:23] ProconRulz: IWillDoTheShoost TEAMKILLED RefinersSon
[02:52:06] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED Alluhakbarbomb
[02:52:23] ProconRulz: IWillDoTheShoost TEAMKILLED RefinersSon
[02:54:02] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED IWillDoTheShoost
[02:55:45] ProconRulz: RefinersSon TEAMKILLED toastrulezz

That's your TK log from the 18th when the ban was put in place automatically by the server due to excessive TKs. You really seemed to have it out for "wrek2", "Alluhakbarbomb", "toastrulezz", and maybe even "IWillDoTheShoost".

You had 3 sessions that day and the 2nd 2 were clearly nothing but intentional TKs.

1593028575570.png

So you're telling me that after intentionally TKing 20+ times in 15 minutes, getting kicked for it 3 times and rejoining twice, trying to rejoin after the 3rd kick and getting immediately kicked from server #1 which I guess you did to see if the ban would apply there, that you "have no idea" why you're banned? I think you're smarter than that, and I think you know that we're smarter than that. This is exactly what you got banned for years ago on our servers so don't try to play the innocent game.

I think you'll see in other ban appeals recently that we're very forgiving even when it comes to TKs, but that's when people are honest. You've come in here lying to us about what happened and are trying to claim ignorance. I know that if/when we unban you that you're going to be good for a few weeks and go right back to doing this because that's exactly how it went years ago and so far you,re proving yourself no different this time.

So you tell me: what would you do in my position? Unban the guy that breaks rules then can't even be honest about it? Why will this time be any different?

Hi Neo,

I've been away a while and just saw your reply last night when I logged on to my gaming Gmail account. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from perfect, but the one thing I can claim without guilt is that I'm honest. It's one of the good qualities that stuck with me in how I was raised. My statement was simply the best of my recollection over the hundreds of games I've played on BZ since you guys relaunched. I've thought about the stats you showed and, although I don't recall those names, I do remember one time fairly recently where I had had enough of being intentionally TK'd and reporting it ad nauseum (I'm sure you'd agree on that) with no sign of my reports being effective as the problem persisted on a very regular basis. Perhaps you were behind the scenes dealing with it, or had some reason not to, but it was a real problem and I lost my patience that day. The number of TKs you show above in such a short time is suspicious, and it may have been the unintentional tks (HE grenades in Metro) I mentioned in my appeal, or it might have been the incident I just listed in this post; either way, I did screw up that time. It's true, in the past, I just reacted in anger to TKs and was just generally not nice, but I've had hundreds of games without incident since those times you mentioned years ago. Do what you think is fair or maybe take a poll of some of the regulars on BZ and if they agree I'm a problematic intentional TKer, keep me perm banned. Can you tell me what day those TKs occured on? I'm assuming the time stamps are EST.

i was wondering why i hadn't seen you playing on the servers lol sorry about your ban bro. good luck.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
They were all from June 18th. Times are CST.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to lift your ban. I hope you prove me wrong.

Appeal approved.

They were all from June 18th. Times are CST.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to lift your ban. I hope you prove me wrong.

Appeal approved.

I took a few more minutes to look over the teamkill stats and, yeah, it looks like we were definitely trading intentional tks. Sorry about that, and thank you. I'll just continue reporting and dying to these fools.

Firedoc

-bZ- Member
Donator
I apologize for going a bit off topic but what has been getting to me lately are the purposeful team wounders. Those who shoot you in the back while moving forward or capping for no reason other than just lower your health.

doc youve done that to me lol on lockers.... but i do agree with the statement it is annoying to be dropped low in health by a teammate...i have noticed it alot more and more recently. it seems to be a new trend from players trying to avoid the ban/kick

Firedoc

-bZ- Member
Donator
Excuse me? Not purposefully, maybe accidental. Why would I make a post on "purposefully" if I was guilty of that?

Team wounding in locker is the most infuriating place for it to happen to. I typically have that happen to me when I grab the big rifle at Charlie and hunker down to snipe a bit. Some room temp IQ will shoot me in the back so I can't see anything through a scope and say "dude ptfo", like killing people outside our capped objectives for the short time the rifle lasts isn't ptfoing.