Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Battlefield 2042

I did a quick search and didn't find a thread already on this, but I also didn't look that hard. Has Banzore considered hosting 2042 servers? Me (along with many other bZ#7 regulars) have noticed a steady decline in the server population over the last few months. I recently got 2042 and I really enjoy it, but I also enjoy Banzore. I've played some rounds in 2042 and alot of the Banzore players are now making their way to 2042 Rush servers.

Thoughts?

I'll probably get it sooner or later. PC probably needs upgraded first.

its not the biggest problem with the game as the game is just pure shit......also EA has no options to let anyone host.....after BF4 and i think hardline servers groups like this are no more.....

rumor is one of the game makers got banned on a private server group like this and they got rid of server rentals over "toxic groups messing with game playablity"......HAHAHAHA.....i still cant find out if this is really true but it would be funny as shit if was.....official postings still list some BS reason like this and the clan that links direct to no longer has a server.....

its not the biggest problem with the game as the game is just pure shit......also EA has no options to let anyone host.....after BF4 and i think hardline servers groups like this are no more.....

rumor is one of the game makers got banned on a private server group like this and they got rid of server rentals over "toxic groups messing with game playablity"......HAHAHAHA.....i still cant find out if this is really true but it would be funny as shit if was.....official postings still list some BS reason like this and the clan that links direct to no longer has a server.....
It's more likely that they just want greater control over content people post on the servers - the same reason why they shipped the game without any ability to communicate with other players. I think it also is related to their focus on console players since console FPS's do not usually allow private server hosting like PC games.

Still a stupid decision on EA's part since they are ignoring a consistent revenue stream which could be open to them. I don't know how much it costs to rent a BF4 server nor do I know how much of that money EA receives but it's certainly more than the zero revenue gained from not offering the option and that's not even counting the server operation costs EA must incur in order to run the game.

For a company that only cares about money they sure do like to find ways to avoid making it.

cross play with consoles has been said many times....with private servers you cant really do it

TwinGunsLLP

Donator
No, because they refuse to offer private server hosting and everyone is forced to play their shit game the way they “envisioned” it. It’s a huge reason why modern gaming absolutely blows, the loss of private servers for many games is an absolute killer for me. You’re stuck constantly with cheats, randoms, and other trash. There is no sense of community on public servers, you might as well be playing with bots since everything is wiped after round completion and you’re thrown in with an entirely new set of cheats, randoms, and other trash for the next round.

I think back to playing Doom on the Dwango network back in like 1995, and cannot believe how badly things have gone since then (especially in the past 7 years or so). The loss of private servers for many games is just a massive blow to gaming as a whole.

Last edited:
Sure wish I saw more bZ in 2042. It was definitely a rough start but dude the game is seriously badass now.

-Iszoloscope
This is true. All these comments about "the game sucks" or "I've never actually played it but it still sucks" are from the original release when the game was glitchy and had issues. I haven't played BF4 in awhile but I still found more glitches in BF4 than 2042.

This is true. All these comments about "the game sucks" or "I've never actually played it but it still sucks" are from the original release when the game was glitchy and had issues. I haven't played BF4 in awhile but I still found more glitches in BF4 than 2042.
2042 is a fun game and I enjoy it a ton... but it definitely has a fair share of glitches and performance issues. But the dev team has done a great job of fixing these and making changes based on the community feedback