Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

BFV Open Beta Opinions

To me, besides the bugs that I am sure will be fixed, this feels like a better polished game than BF1. And it feels more authentic and I have more fun with it. I wouldn't be surprised if this game kills BF4 once and for all, even though I still love 4.

The extra dynamic of having to find ammo/health adds more strategy and emphasizes squad play. The team switch function is gone, this should prevent people moving to the winning team/team stacking. We could also alleviate the annoyance of this by including an assist function if we get a custom server. I pre-ordered and can see myself putting a lot of hours into this as it will probably be my new game if BZ gets a community going on it.

Thoughts everyone? Who has already pre-ordered it?

Hawx

You're Never Right!
Adopting a wait and see attitude for this one

The overall attitude is better. This one looks a lot like Battlefield 1, but plays totally different. With the few things they need to work on and adjust before the actual release, I personally think this is a redemption for Hardline and BF1.

Badazzt

-bZ- Member
I think it has some fun play ! But to me it feels like its Call of Duty Motern Warfare on a bigger scale .. i own it so ill play it but my Money is on World War 3 beinng the under dog and taking the place of BF4 ... Only time will tell

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I'm a BF fanboy, so of course, I think it's a good game.

Will I buy it? Not sure. Definitely won't preorder it. They robbed me on BF1. BF1 was a decent game, but I didn't play it much. At all. Total waste of cash.

To me, this game looks and feels a lot like BF1. I don't get the idea that it plays differently. It's pretty much the same to me.

The guns handle the same, the bullet drop, the planes, the vehicles, running and jumping; it's all the same. Not that that's a bad thing, just the same.

I like some of the additions; The restricted ammo, the focus on squad play, the fortifications. The restricted ammo could have been a setting in BF1. The fortifications are kind of gimmicky because you can only build them in predetermined areas, much like with Hardline in that you could only zipline from predetermined spots.

The game is gorgeous though. It looks amazing. They have a lot of bugs to fix with friends and squads. I've spent an awful lot of time trying to get into servers only to get booted once in there, but they'll straighten that out.

I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Bytor

-bZ- Member
I've played the beta a few times and think it plays better than the closed alpha, some of the glitchy things are gone so that's a plus for now. Still not a huge fan of the how it feels overall, but that's just because I'm not used to it yet. I only played the BF1 beta and didn't like it and never bought the game... with this, I'll probably by the game, but will wait a little while and get it on sale

BIGWILL

-bZ- Member
Donator
i didnt buy bf1 and im not going to buy bf1.5
i dont feel like ea really improved the game much more then a few different maps.

Bytor

-bZ- Member
Hmmm... I feel a little different after playing last night. The first game was fine, then the next 3 games were a put off for me. I don't know what it was - cheaters trying out things, buggy game, or what. All I know was that I was getting picked off from a distance with various weapons (pistols, mg, rifles) and I couldn't hit anything... even point blank I had a hard time killing people. More than a few times I came up on the enemy from behind and I unloaded my mg into their backs and they turned around and killed me with ease. There were a couple times I got knifed while firing on the guy charging me, they took damage, but very little... these issues reminded me a lot of the BF1 beta that I played, that turned me off of that game.

I'll play some more and hopefully those games last night were a rare occurrence and things will be more normal tonight.... maybe I'll look into getting S.C.U.M.

Hardersoft

-bZ- Member
Donator
I put about 5 hrs on it. I read somewhere recently that one of the main complaints is it's hard to see enemies. I don't get that because they seemed to be seeing me just fine. The scuttle is this is one of the things they might be trying to fix. I think it's got promise. I liked it much better than the BF 1 beta.

Slash5.0

-bZ- Member
Donator
Found that seeing the enemy was an issue. Based on acquiring targets by spotting movement, it was difficult because the background seemed jagged and not fluid. Enjoyed the stationary guns for planes and up close defending of positions. Vehicles were shoddy at best. Having been in operating tanks of the times, these were way less useful.
I was also totally disappointed with battle front and bf1 so I'll take a wait and see approach.
For me the perfect game would include things forcing you to use ALL available assets to reach assigned objectives, encouraging team and squad play

Found that seeing the enemy was an issue. Based on acquiring targets by spotting movement, it was difficult because the background seemed jagged and not fluid. Enjoyed the stationary guns for planes and up close defending of positions. Vehicles were shoddy at best. Having been in operating tanks of the times, these were way less useful.
I was also totally disappointed with battle front and bf1 so I'll take a wait and see approach.
For me the perfect game would include things forcing you to use ALL available assets to reach assigned objectives, encouraging team and squad play

DICE confirmed they are tweaking visuals to fix this.