Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

BZ2 server

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
That doesnt make sense when pearl doesn't come on people leave?
People, much like myself most likely don't really enjoy pearl like metro or locker lol. Which is why people would be leaving. Also, with the release of Black Ops Cold War people we regularly see in servers do change up the gaming series a bit so population lately has been lower than normal which is to be expected.

Pearl is the greatest if you play "knives only". So many staircases and buildings to jump off of to assassinate people. So much fun. Infuriating because the knife mechanic was programmed by a room temp IQ child of a developer, but still fun.

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I like the layout of pearl, but for whatever reason pearl is legit the only map my game stutters on.

Yeah last night at around 10pm which is early, server was strugging with 40 people, so it went locker, metro, locker etc. I think people did get tired of the same maps as we was under the threshold. I do find Bz 2 has been "dying" quite early now a days.. I'm assuming due to COD.. give it a week or so and people will be bored of it and come back.

If pearl depletes the server when it's already struggling, maybe when the server goes into seeding rotation, you could pick a different "popular" map to take its place instead of reducing it to only 2 maps. I know personally whenever 2 or 7 enters seeding mode I can only take a few more maps unless I'm with friends that make the experience fun despite the constant repeat maps. For server 2, reducing down to only 2 would be a bit too repetitive. Replacing pearl instead of just cutting it might be a good experiment to see how the server handles population once it enters seeding rotation.

And yeah agreed silent. I expect the server pops to jump back up to normal in a few weeks or at the latest, a month or 2. Just have to get past the cod hype.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Statistically speaking Locker and Metro give it the best chance of filling back up. Pearl kills it when the population is already dropping.

Players always leave when a new round starts so just because it loads back to Locker and you see more people leave doesn't mean "zomg Locker just killed the server". 99% of the time Pearl would've done the same thing even worse, and Pearl is much harder to get players to join on when the population isn't already healthy.

Everyone wants to scream and shout and say they know how to fix it. Truth is, the game has been struggling across the board for the past few weeks as happens from time to time. Just chill out, trust that we do everything we can to keep the servers strong including map rotations/changes that you may not personally like or agree with, and that things will usually go back to normal in a few weeks after a new game release, holiday, etc.

No part of my comment said we should keep pearl during seeding. I agree 100% with removing it because it causes lots of people lag, it's a DLC map, and it is usually one sided. My suggestion was to replace pearl with something else that your stats show is popular during low hours. That way it still keeps maps from going back and forth back and forth. Again, it's a suggestion. Take it or leave it lol. Folks are just trying to be helpful mate.

Firedoc

-bZ- Member
Donator
I like Pearl and so do many of the regulars so with respect I disagree with Dan's statement. As evident by this thread, Pearl is missed.

Statistically speaking Locker and Metro give it the best chance of filling back up. Pearl kills it when the population is already dropping.

Players always leave when a new round starts so just because it loads back to Locker and you see more people leave doesn't mean "zomg Locker just killed the server". 99% of the time Pearl would've done the same thing even worse, and Pearl is much harder to get players to join on when the population isn't already healthy.

Everyone wants to scream and shout and say they know how to fix it. Truth is, the game has been struggling across the board for the past few weeks as happens from time to time. Just chill out, trust that we do everything we can to keep the servers strong including map rotations/changes that you may not personally like or agree with, and that things will usually go back to normal in a few weeks after a new game release, holiday, etc.
Will the time dlc pops in #1 ever be changed?

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I like Pearl and so do many of the regulars so with respect I disagree with Dan's statement. As evident by this thread, Pearl is missed.

Tons of regulars do, which is why it's in rotation, but there's no enough "regulars" to keep a healthy pop when it starts dropping anyway.

I mean, I can leave pearl in 24/7 and we'll just have a server that dies earlier at night.

Woah Dan.. I disagree with the part you saying Pearl is one sided.. that map is 100% balanced for both sides. Regardless, server will empty when it gets late at night, so I'd say just keep it the way it is.
Pearl lags people? Pearl or any map has never lagged me. it's 2020, if you can't handle a 7 year old game, i have no words.

Woah Dan.. I disagree with the part you saying Pearl is one sided.. that map is 100% balanced for both sides. Regardless, server will empty when it gets late at night, so I'd say just keep it the way it is.
Pearl lags people? Pearl or any map has never lagged me. it's 2020, if you can't handle a 7 year old game, i have no words.
Pearl is a shitty coded DLC map.
I'm sure Dan is a fellow AMDchad like myself, maybe thats why Pearl hates us.

Sorry mate, running GeForce here. It doesn't lag at all for me but it's an objective fact that it runs poorly for tons of people, so I added that to my set of points.