Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Cheaters be Damned

Hey guys, I looked for the best place to put this and as it turned out I don't have access to the best place so I dropped it here.
I know Im just a recruit and I don't mean to make waves or turn things here upside down. To the point.....

The other day I was on the bZ metro server getting mowed down by cheaters so I decided to spectate. I got 8 videos of a guy using a tracker and contacted an admin to find out what to do with them to start the process for a cheat ban. I mean absolutely no disrespect to the admin but I was kinda shocked by the response. I guess I was shocked because bZ announces a clear hard line that cheaters will not be tolerated yet by the response it didn't seem like there was a clear process in place to deal with this.

I was told to up load my vids to youtube for viewing and that is reasonable except for the fact that I started uploading them last night at 9:00 and it is now 10am and I still have 3 left to upload. In the time it has taken me to upload them we could have banned a cheater and they still have to be viewed etc before hes banned.

It seems to me (and I could be wrong) admins have always handled catching cheaters so there is no streamlined system in place for outside help. I am here to tell you that cheaters are in the bottom of my list in humanity. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them! Oh did I mention I hate them? I will do all I can to get them banned.

Is it possible to set up a system to speed this up? Like say email the vids directly to an admin to view. Once the determination is made the admin can delete the vids from their machine and if a ban was issued the person that took them can upload to youtube for later proof in an appeal?

Maybe someone has ideas on how to cut down the vid size for email and upload. One can take them half size for instance but I don't know if that will be large enough for viewing to determine a cheat. Also maybe put up a permanent post listing all known cheats for each game we play so people know what to watch for? Trackers, aimbots, damage modifiers etc. And of course any other ideas ppl may have.

I would very much like to declair war on these scumbags! Is anyone else interested?

Im going to post a poll on this to see if its even worth doing. Maybe others don't really care about cheaters.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I think the system in place is pretty effective. We have banned countless hackers here using the same system. If the admins can catch them in the act, great. If we can ban them after the fact, great. So long as hackers are getting the ban hammer, it's all great.

The youtube videos allow the admins to share the video and get a consensus in those cases that are not so clear-cut as you might think. Just because you think it's hacking, doesn't mean the admin team will share your views. It's a team for this very reason. Banzore is not about banning everyone they "think" are hackers, or just guys that are really good shitting on an admin. There is a process...

Thanks for taking the time to catch hackers. I'm sure the admin team will be getting back to you

ok thanx. I was just lookin for a way to save 12 hrs uploading stuff. cant even game during it cause my ping goes to 300

EZ Bawlin

-bZ- Member
Donator
That's why I was asking if there was 1 video of the 8 that was more clear cut and to the point because it does take a long time to upload videos unfortunately.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
There is software available that can shrink and optimize the raw data so that it's faster to upload. Any kind of video editing software should work.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
We've been doing this for over a decade. Trust me, it's gotten a lot easier to do this over time.