Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Fake BanZore BF1 Conquest maps( #2)

Mesm

-bZ- Member
Donator
http://prnt.sc/dsuzp5

We have a copy server THAT IS NOT OURS.

It is BanZore.com HC HARDCORE Conquest Popular Maps #2.

It's basically same name as our server expect the #2. We don't know who put it up but don't join it. Don't try to seed it, ensure you're joining the correct server. If people ask about it, ensure people know! Spread the word!

Ticket has been submitted by Jackson to EA in regards to this so hopefully it will be taken care of eventually.

Popas13

-bZ- Member
Is Banzore copyrighted?

Edit: Trademarked. It has been a while since school and I smoked a bit of weed since then. I didn't inhale, but I got dumber anyway.

Last edited:

Popas13

-bZ- Member
I did a trademark search and found nothing under Banzore.

There are two different trademarks to consider:

State Registration
State trademark registration is the most inexpensive way to register a trademark for your business name. Depending on the state where your business is located, state trademark registration will generally cost between $50 and $100 without the assistance of legal counsel. However, state trademark registration does not have many of the benefits of federal registration such as multi-state protection, presumptions of validity, incontestability, priority status or the ability to apply for a trademark before you intend to use it. - Chron

Federal Registration
Federal registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is more expensive because federal registration provides all of the benefits not afforded by state registration. One of the most important benefits provided by federal registration is that your business name trademark will be recognized and protected throughout the United States. Federal trademark registration starts at $275 for online registration not including attorney's fees. - Chron

"Trademark fees for electronic applications are currently $275$325 per class of goods or services, depending on the type of application you file. The trademark cost for registering with a paper application is currently $375 per class of goods or services." - Legal Zoom

That's not all. The business must do a background check on the name. That is why many hire a lawyer, but this can be done by yourself with a little know how.

Then there is the maintenance of a trademark. Costs 400 bucks every ten years.

"For a trademark registration to remain valid, an Affidavit of Use (Section 8 Affidavit) must be filed: (1) between the fifth and sixth year following registration, and (2) within the year before the end of every ten-year period after the date of registration. The registrant may file the Section 8 Affidavit within a grace period of six months after the end of the sixth or every tenth year, with payment of an additional fee. The registrant must also file a Section 9 renewal application (Section 9 Renewal) within the year before the end of each successive 10-year period following the date of registration, or within a grace period of six months thereafter, with payment of an additional fee. Assuming the Section 8 Affidavit and Section 9 Renewal are timely-filed as indicated above, the registration will be renewed for a 10-year term. If the Section 8 Affidavit and Section 9 Renewal are not timely filed, the registration will be cancelled. Registrations cancelled due to the failure to file a Section 8 Affidavit and Section 9 Renewal cannot be revived or reinstated." - uspto.gov

Not Copyright.

"The Difference Between Copyright and Trademark. While both offer intellectual property protection, they protect different types of assets. Copyright is geared toward literary and artistic works, such as books and videos. A trademark protects items that help define a company brand, such as its logo." - Google

Might want to add the clan tags in the application as well. Lock that shit up bro!

Popas13

-bZ- Member
After you get a Federal Trademark, you then get an international trademark.

"Apply for a Community Trademark (CTM) – This allows the applicant to register its trademark throughout the European Union in one application and by paying just one fee, rather than filing a separate application and paying a separate fee for each country. The caveat is that if your proposed mark isn’t clear for use in any of the countries of the European Union, the entire CTM application will be rejected." - Business Daily News

"International registration – A broad international filing can be done through the Madrid Protocol, a group of 86 countries, including most of the major industrial nations in the world. Through this process, you can file a mark in your home country and then extend the filing later to other jurisdictions throughout the world. Although you still have to pay the fee in each country, this is still a smart and relatively inexpensive option, since you will save time and money from the administrative costs of having to fill out an application multiple times. This process is comparable to filing a common application for college instead of applying to dozens of colleges separately. It is important to remember that other countries can still choose to reject that mark." - Business Daily News

Unless Banzore means "Go Fuck Your Mother" in Swahili, it should be approved everywhere. I did a world search as well and came up with no Banzore trademarks.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I love the idea of having a trademark, but hate the idea of throwing money at something that I don't think we really need.

I would love the need to have one, but we don't make any money off of this, really don't have a desire to, and there isn't really anything we would be protecting. This is the first time I can recall that anyone has ever spoofed our server, at least in a long time.

So long as we have the www.banzore.com domain, I think we're good.

However, good to know about all the trademark stuff.

GenBradley

-bZ- Member
Trademark won't help unfortunately, hackers & wanna-bes will be douches anyways and keep on doing that. Not like we're a corporation and can sue to protect our brand.