Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Fuzzy matching language filter too aggressive?

dek128

Donator
I was kicked today for using "cheese and crackers" (in response to a "whine"), and "snigger" (in response to some witty repartee). I understand that we need robot-based language filtering to catch & punish abusers, but does it have to be so aggressive that it performs keyword matching within words?

I'm going to resort to using caveman language in the future to avoid this class of problems, but could someone fix my "reputation" please? It currently says I'm at roughly -30.

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Hey dek, it was simply due to the word Crackers and that is all. Unfortunately to avoid and issues within Chat and disruptive behavior towards other players just looking to game we have added this If you say Tonight, you shouldn't be punished, but if you remove the t's, the o, and the h you'll get punished by the system. I personally don't think we can effect your reputation but after a while you'll be auto-forgiven for clean behavior!

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Just an update, I've gone ahead and issued a forgive to you which has brought your rep to -1, still not positive but better that -30! I'm not sure what your rep was before but if you see the enemy team struggling you can !assist to get rep, report cheaters, glitchers, people deliberately bypassing the filters and that should all raise your rep as well!