Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

sweet!

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
Wait, wtf...did she say "my bad"?  Wow, how can you "accidentally" look at the wrong item.  Did you have multiple items on that specific order?

Kratos

-bZ- Member
Donator
You could have saved me alot time of reading this fine piece of work x and just said Amazon fkd up my order and gave me money back.

Nonetheless that's fooken awesome!

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
What's the actual memory then? Curious to know how much the difference is.

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
There is physically 4GB of memory on the board, but the allocation is such that only 3.5 is usable effectively.  Once it exceeds 3.5GB, performance plummets.

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
If you can read and comprehend the second page of that article while drunk, then our forums shouldn't pose a threat.

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
Yeah Amazon is pretty spot on with their refunds/issues. Individual people...most of the time you're good. She just sounds like a ditz or someone who was tired.

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
She was a bit ditzy but I doubt she natively spoke English, Amazon's off-shift (night/weekend) CS will be in India for the chat function most often then not. I always give the total price for the product and specify roughly what the refund amount should be and let the CS agree with me or not. Learned that working with Newegg for years.

In other news: The lawsuit against NVIDIA started a week ago.

FYI, if you want to get your refund in, you need to do it ASAP (Unless you live in the UK) as the advertising is being updated to properly reflect the working physical memory that isn't gimped. That means that once the advertising is update, they won't feel the need to do refunds, or partial refunds at that.

In another month or less you'll have to join a class action to get a refund as Amazon, Newegg, and the other online retails won't be fronting NVIDIA's cost for the fuckup.

Last edited by a moderator:

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Wonder if this will work with Newegg? Got mine from them.
Newegg's policy is to have the card RMA'd and your money back in full. They don't do partial refunds normally.

Talk with a CS Supervisor and see what they can do. Sometimes it works, but no guarantees.

Both Newegg and Amazon have had some issues with the partial refund policy across the board.

Throw in this link to help them "remember" the situation:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2887142/amazon-newegg-apparently-offering-refunds-due-to-nvidia-gtx-970-memory-issue.html

To be perfectly honest, everyone is better off just doing a full RMA and buying a different GPU.

First: that partial RMA means you will not be getting a full RMA 99% of the time. So if the card goes kaput, it will be between you and the vendor, not Amazon or Newegg as they have already fulfilled their end of the warranty.

Secondly: Driver updates are not going to be able to resolve the 970's performance issue with that last 512mb for a while (From what the technical engineers have stated, they are essentially going to inactivate that part of the chip and have the GPU register as a 3.46Gb card, so the 970 will never be a true 4Gb card). Granted, it is a rare occurrence and only happens with specific games that actually utilize more then 3.5Gb of graphics memory.

Thirdly: The same engineers are stating this is a feature: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/02/24/gtx-970/

They just went full retard. Never go full retard.

Last edited by a moderator: