Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Incursions

Popas13

-bZ- Member
I LIKE THIS GAME MODE!

It takes a bit of getting used to. It is a squad type of game, 5 on 5. You do 15 things and get what is called a "Set". These 15 things are killing a person, taking a flag, destroying a vehicle, etc. You try to get this Set before the other team does their 15 things. Each Set is worth a point. When one team gets a point, the sets go back to zero and you fight for the next point. When 10 total points have gone by, the sides switch. The first team to 11 points wins.

When you join in, you pick your class. Only one person can pick each class, so there can't be two squad leaders, or two tankers, ect. The classes each have different abilities, and you can unlock more abilities by leveling the class up.

There are a bunch of different nuances to this that I don't understand yet.

For example, you can lock in your flags. You start owning A, and go for B. Once you get B, flag A is locked, so they can't get A until they get B. So each team has to go in order. Because of this, you can't have a wanderer go and back cap you, and this leads to some intense action on the flag in dispute. You can only spawn in on the flags that are locked. Not the flag you have furthest. So if you have flag A and B, you can spawn in on A but not B until you get flag C and then lock B.

The Squad Leader has two different sub-classes to choose from. One of them can place beacons for others to spawn. The rest of the squad can spawn on these beacons, but if the Squad Leader dies, he can't spawn on the beacon he placed and the beacon goes away. I don't know what the other Squad Leader one does yet.

There is no way EA gets this right and allows clans to manage this correctly and assign players to different sides. Which is absolutely key in having scrims and what not. In theory this would make a ton of sense, but I don't see how that would work here in this Alpha. It could be missing some elements that we just are not seeing. As it is now, you just get assigned a side with a bunch of other randoms, and have at it.

If they allow some kind of control over this placement, it would be a perfect server for the club! A 10 man, inexpensive, blast to play. But I have my doubts.

Regardless, it is fun to play. Really intense team oriented game style.