Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Is this allowed? If not, can someone do something about it?

Third floor beacon glitch on metro which causes an unfair advantage for the US team on metro. It is very difficult / nearly impossible to get on the third floor when there is enemy presence, thus enemies can camp there and slaughter the Russian team spawn.

I took out the beacon twice and got multi kills with a 320.. IMO if you can kill em it aint a glitch period .;)

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Is there some form of this that prevents the beacon from being killed? As long as it can be killed then I don't see any problem with it. The beeping and the icon make it obvious that it's there.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I did a little research and I think I see the dilemma here. It's not just that the beacon is in the wall, but that the only way to get to the 3rd floor is to do the MAV jump thing sort of on the outside of the exploded wall from the 2nd floor. Is that accurate?

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Yep, very accurate.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
We've allowed the mountain "glitch" on Lockers so far because it's easily countered by infantry, MAVs, motars, SUAV, etc. Point is there are multiple ways to counter it.

Based on what I just found in my research even if this wasn't in the wall there are some spots up there that can make it nearly invincible if a squad is actively defending it. I'll talk to our other admins about this and we'll decide something soon.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
The beacon can easily be destroyed with a mav.

Even in the wall? What if it's down the stairs a little? Seems like it'd be easy for a squad to shoot a MAV trying to come in there to get it behind the grate things in the middle of the stairs if it were behind there.

this is how i remember it..
... didnt even need a mav... and like i typed i took it out twice with a 320... its not unkillable and either are they... now about needing a mav... unless they patched it to where you need one that im not sure

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
... didnt even need a mav... and like i typed i took it out twice with a 320... its not unkillable and either are they... now about needing a mav... unless they patched it to where you need one that im not sure

Hmm that's a totally different area than the ones I just found. There's apparently 3 different ways to get onto 3 different 3rd floor spots on A. 2 in one building and 1 in the other.

Nevermind I think it's just a different angle of seeing it.

Hmm that's a totally different area than the ones I just found. There's apparently 3 different ways to get onto 3 different 3rd floor spots on A. 2 in one building and 1 in the other.
well then one day me and you can go n try em all out.. if you ever stop working

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
well then one day me and you can go n try em all out.. if you ever stop working

I'm gonna try to get a few of us together tonight to get in an empty server and test these and figure out how/if beacons there can be killed so we can decide appropriately.

Ima go to empty server and experiment

Easy glitch oml

Can be done on every building. Heres the thing tho. Its easy to get to third floor glitch. BUT i think its possible to get to the fourth also...

Last edited:
No MAV jump is ever required. Blow up the window, hop up on the ledge, jump into window. You can do this on either side of A, and also in the alley building. Most of the walls can be taken down opening you up to fire, and plenty can be thrown in to kill you. And I use it to defend A as a Russian, so it is used by either team. There is no "glitch to it. It is simply a jump and you're through the window.

Yes your video is BF3, and it's pretty close to the same thing in BF4.