Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

LAG LAG LAG

Why do I constantly have red icons on my screen? Low ping, lots of DL, and network adapter driver is up to date. New cable modem, running through new switch (switch run home comp, office comp, voip landline), ne ethernet cables. What could the problem be.

Attachments

• Fuckin Comcast.JPG
    Fuckin Comcast.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 15
  • Fuckin Lag.JPG
    Fuckin Lag.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 15
I also have them. My connection is perfectly fine and I never have any other problems besides being there and looking weird. It’s never been a problem for me.

There was a person with the name wirelessg"XX" he was lost but then found and now lost again... we used to be amigos... used tooooo be

What server you playing on?

u stopped loving me and it broke my heart

I switched to DSL from xfininty cable and the packet loss is much, much less. However, the bandwidth is around 7 megs, so either way it sucks. I hate West Virginia.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Much of the Comcast network is actually run on a glorified version of token ring.

Comcast will deny this, of course, but the hallmark of token ring is a shared connection with a logical access token that runs back and forth on the line all day. If you're the only user then you do indeed get the fast speeds that you were promised in the sales brochure. But once someone else joins your speed drops. And if the neighbor kids gets home after school and starts downloading movies from torrent then your bandwidth drops to shit...which is your experience.

DSL is slower than the potential top speed promised by Comcast however it's a predictable and consistent speed based upon your distance to the local DSL node. The closer you are to the node the faster your speed. AT&T Uverse is a distributed node DSL network and it allows for much faster speeds than we had with DSL when you only had one node for an entire city.

If you can get it I'd recommend fiber for obvious reasons.

fastmetrics-fiber-speedtest-4th-april-2018.jpg