Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Military Service

Who here is an active duty, reserve, veteran, etc of any military? Have any cool stories (that you'd like to share)? Any tours?

I've been with the Canadian Armed Forces (in Artillery) since March of 2016, haven't been deployed anywhere other than domestic ops, only ever fired a C6, C7, C9, Remington 870P, 81mm Mortar and our C3 Howitzer. I have my OP (Observation Post) Detachment member course and I recently just completed my leadership training course which is called PLQ (Primary Leadership Qualifications) and AJLC (Army Junior Leadership Course). PLQ and AJLC are the courses needed to go from Corporal to Master Corporal.

That about sums up my military career thus far lol

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Nice to see a Canuck on here! Back in the day I knew a bunch of great guys from the PPLI and when me and the Mrs. owned a place in Victoria we would frequent the clubs at Esquimalt. Also used to frequent the tea houses and get to see some of the British vets. Bunch of them have homes in Oak Bay.

Good times.

Also, here's proof that those shitty leftover RN subs aren't always rotting alongside!

IMG_6023.JPG

Covert8645

-bZ- Member
United States Marine Corps veteran from 2007-2012 based out of 29 Palms. Deployed to Iraq, Guam, Singapore, Philippines. I was an 0351 Infantry Anti-Tank Assaultman. I was also in the 2nd class to go through an experimental program to put Marine infantrymen through IED detection dog handler school so when we deploy we'd have our own IED detection dogs for our companies instead of going on patrol to get an MP and their dog, drag them to our AO, patrol for a day, and then send them on our way. Great program.

Currently a private military contractor. Been deployed to Afghanistan and Africa 14 or so times, can't remember.

Former 3D0X2 here.. Served in the US Air Force for 5 and a half years, met some great people. No cool stories--just a lot of 12 hour shifts. Left as an E-5 after testing and making it first try but they were handing out promotions like candy to be honest. I worked with a lot of Canadian troops and was even under the command of a Canadian general for a very short period. Stationed at Langley AFB for my entire enlistment. My favorite part about serving was guiding the three troops I had under me, still talk to all three of them to this day.

Last edited: