Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

More Rules Clarification

Which came first?

• Total voters
If I spawn into a vehicle in the uncap and I am instantly lazed, am I being "attacked in uncap"?

If true, is any allowance made if for example a SOFLAM is targeting a flag NEAR uncap but the periphery of the targeting cone is picking up vehicles in uncap, but lazing forces are holding off on rocketing vehicles until they fully enter the battlefield?

Context matters. If an enemy is laser locked inside uncap and you are not sure if they started playing yet, just don't shoot at it.
Indeed. I am confident in my ability to not play like a douche in the context of an attacker in this scenario.

Can you speak to my primary question? Is an intentional lazing of uncap considered "attacking uncap"?

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
This sort of sings to the same tune of “am I firing out of uncap if I have only placed my mortar on the ground but haven’t shot it yet” and the answer is yes. So if we apply that logic to the soflam and it is placed outside of uncap pointing in, it is indeed firing into uncap from having just been placed in that direction. That’s not to say everyone who places one facing uncap is breaking the rules per se. given the distance at which it locks some maps it’s just unavoidable, many of the island maps, some of the close quarters type maps, you really can’t enforce something like this with a blanket yes or no. Context matters, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it might very well be a duck.
Basically like was said above, if the person is actively placing it and aiming right at where the vehicles spawn with the intention of killing in uncap, then that is against the rules. But if that person is further back and it is still targeting vehicles near uncap, and they are not intentionally getting those coming out of uncap well, that’s just a product of the weapon itself. Same process applies to everything else. If you feel like something is off, then submit a report here and we will review it.

I'd call it attacking uncap. How does a person with a lazer guided rocket back 400m know if that target is in uncap or not. Only the SOFLAM (etc) knows.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I do not often use SOFLAM. That said I can see using it to target someone just to make them squirrely (happens to me all the time). Firing on an illuminated target in the uncap would then be the decision of someone else and not the SOFLAM operator.

The person actually firing a kill shot into the uncap is who would be responsible.

I do not often use SOFLAM. That said I can see using it to target someone just to make them squirrely (happens to me all the time). Firing on an illuminated target in the uncap would then be the decision of someone else and not the SOFLAM operator.

The person actually firing a kill shot into the uncap is who would be responsible.
It can be difficult to tell where the lasered target is when you're shooting it though. I know a lot of times I aim at a rock, get the lock, and then shoot straight up in the air for the missile to go to the target. It's not always possible for me to judge precisely where that missile is going when I shoot it., especially if I am being shot at myself while doing it.

the egg is millions of years older then the chicken....FYI.......and that is not a joke.....