Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

OG23 Squad Play

I had one of the -bz- members tell me in squad chat that the OG23 squads frequently appearing in the top 10 causes players to leave the server. I was surprised because I squad up with a lot of different people and have a lot of fun.

BF4 rewards squad play. If you are spawning on your squad leader and attacking designated objectives, you'll score high. If you look at any of our K : Ds at the end of a round, they are mediocre primarily because we are always in the thick of things and assaulting flags. Despite this, we score high because we are playing the game the way that it is meant to be played.

OG23 started out as part of the FaRT clan on BF2 and most of us have been playing together for 10 years or more. It might be once a week when there are enough of us to fill a squad anymore, and we would really like to have folks join us when we're not full. Usually, when there are six or more, we'll split into two squads and play opposite sides.

We're all mature players and really enjoy your servers. I like to think that we are setting an example for all of the kids who play this game on how to squad up and be respectful of other players.

Look forward to killing you on the battlefield.

Last edited:

Slash5.0

-bZ- Member
Donator
I thoroughly enjoy the squad play by OG23. Sometimes it does affect the population but find that a good crew can withstand the onslaught. When my tank crew is all together in game we seek out the strong crews and the fight is on. It makes for a challenging and fun throw down. I do not feel dominated and honestly we give a very good accounting of ourselves. So let me just say......
Bring that shit son!
Game on!

it was I who made the comment, while i don't object to squad-ing up nor Squad oriented game play, it was becoming an issue of OG23 being in the top 10 ranks of the ROUND, not just the team, for anywhere from 8-15 rounds consecutively, and i began to notice people leaving mid-round who were on the opposite team.

i was not trying to be a hard-on or anything of the sort, I respect OG23 Members and i was more concerned of being a "friendly reminder" and saying - "hey, try not to run everyone off" , we can all be mature and see it that way.

hopefully we all learn from this :)

again i meant no offense in nature, and more of just a reminder :)

Slash5.0

-bZ- Member
Donator
Well said cap! When the server population starts to suffer, a Simple reminder to OG seems to work when I'm in game. As with map vote domination, when a particular map is squad voted in repeatedly and the complaints start I just start throwing other maps up that are more popular. Run next map works great lol. I'm sure the post was more an inquiry than them having their feelers hurt. Love playing with and against OG!