Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Problem with mapvote

#7 metro won by a longshot at 10:10 PST with 52 ppl in the server... yet the map goes to fking zavod for some reason (which we literally just played the map prior to the last... seems that late night mapvote bug is still there:

1607062408140.png

or did I misunderstand the change to the timing vs population? if so maybe it could be pushed a bit later or be population triggered?

thanks

Last edited:
Oh and while your taking a look at the mapvote bug, there are seven maps that I noticed are missing from the map rotation still:

zavod night
hammerhead
guilen peaks
Giants of Karelia

these maps are also missing but I know some ppl feel they tank the server (they can if its late hours, but during peak are totally fine esp. now the server is popular):

altai range
silk raod
dragon pass

Thanks!

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Map voting is busted in #5 as well and constantly defaults to Zavod, even when Zavod isn't a choice and/or other maps clearly win.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I bet the problem in both instances is not the current number of players, but the average. The very basic system I wrote for managing maps takes into account both.

Sadly due how bad RCON sucks it's very difficult to change the maplist with any logic to prevent breaking the selection of the map that was voted on in the event that the vote has already taken place and then the average population drops enough to result in the DLC maps being removed from rotation.

Also remember both servers have an arbitrary time of day limit on when DLC maps are in rotation. I think this explains what happened @CriscoCube. The vote likely happened just before midnight CST, and then at midnight CST the DLC maps got removed resulting in it not honoring the vote when the round ended after midnight (CST). Midnight happens to be the arbitrary time the DLC maps get removed.

There is not a perfect solution here, nor will there ever be. This has proven to keep the servers going far later at night than would be possible otherwise.

In the hopefully near future I'll be rewriting this map management system as part of https://bfadmintools.com but the time for that has not come yet, so this is what we have for now.

zavod night
hammerhead
guilen peaks
Giants of Karelia

Added these.

Yea the info the server provides is also terrible for balance and stuff, not great, but better than the new BF where you can't do anything lol.

Thanks for adding those maps, some variation will be appreciated, I know there were a few threads or replies about adding maps over the last weeks.

Is there anyway to adjust the time for the rush server at least to be an hour or two later before it switches over to vanilla? If it ends up being negative we could switch it back but most evenings its fairly full, and i suspect most of the ppl on later in the evening have not just vanilla maps (or at the very least can you push it out a couple hours to midnight PST on weekends? 10PM is SO early to go to vanilla wehn you got 50+ ppl on a weekend (even some weekdays).

Thanks again for all your effort. I hope BF6 has better server management options but i kinda suspect its gonna be matchmaking only lol....

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I bet the problem in both instances is not the current number of players, but the average. The very basic system I wrote for managing maps takes into account both.

Sadly due how bad RCON sucks it's very difficult to change the maplist with any logic to prevent breaking the selection of the map that was voted on in the event that the vote has already taken place and then the average population drops enough to result in the DLC maps being removed from rotation.

Also remember both servers have an arbitrary time of day limit on when DLC maps are in rotation. I think this explains what happened @CriscoCube. The vote likely happened just before midnight CST, and then at midnight CST the DLC maps got removed resulting in it not honoring the vote when the round ended after midnight (CST). Midnight happens to be the arbitrary time the DLC maps get removed.

There is not a perfect solution here, nor will there ever be. This has proven to keep the servers going far later at night than would be possible otherwise.

In the hopefully near future I'll be rewriting this map management system as part of https://bfadmintools.com but the time for that has not come yet, so this is what we have for now.

Added these.
So can you rename #5 to Zavod 24/7 ;D

......there are seven maps that I noticed are missing from the map rotation still:

zavod night

I will personally come to your house and beat you with a stick if that comes into rotation :D <3

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
#5 for life babyyyy

1607138255130.png

lol too late dirt we just played it tonight... or rather it was voted i had to go do stuff. honestly i never use flir, just spam flares/smoke and soldiers glow you dont need the flir lol