Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

RedSixWhiskey's Return (v2)

RedSixWhiskey

-bZ- Member
Hey folks!

I used to play in bZ back in 2012 with a bunch of the old guys (Spartan, Billy, Jwaggz, EmergencyNurse, and a bunch of others). Took a break from gaming for a few years, then came back for a bit when I posted a return post (v1) about 2 years ago). Then I fell out of gaming again for another couple years.

Now I'm back (along with Waggz) and we mainly play Modern Warfare HC Multiplayer. Feel free to come chill with us down in the Call of Duty multiplayer voice channel! I also play Eve Online on occasion if anyone here plays that as well.

Good to see bZ is still alive and kicking hard!

3XCrEEd

-bZ- Member
Welcome back old timer

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Welcome back! a lot of older members are starting to come back recently and i'm happy to see it! Glad to meet all of the (fairly) original bZ members! I've tried warzone with some of the others but I just don't like the feel and movement of the new call of duties.

RedSixWhiskey

-bZ- Member
Thanks for all the Welcome backs!

How is Eve...been thinking about playing it

I'll give you a short version and a long version, then you can decide if its something you'd be interested in!

Short Version
Eve is fun, but very complex and in depth. Its not for everyone, but there is quite literally something for almost everyone in the game. You can choose anything from mission running, exploration, mining, and fighting against other players. You can be apart of small 5 man clans, or apart of massive 5000+ person alliances. The visuals of space are stunning, but the gameplay is NOT in First Person (you view your ship and up to 500km around your ship in space instead) and most of how you navigate in the game is by clicking stuff. I'm personally apart of a large alliance and can go on small 10 man fleets to go find some random enemies to kill (real players), or I can join massive 400+ man fleets which are commanded in military fashion by teams of fleet commanders (fc's) who are all real people that use a lot of strategy to target and battle enemy fleets over strategic objectives. I think its a ton of fun, but it takes a long time (real world) to be able to fly anything very advanced. I've been playing off and on since 2009. The game can be played for free, or you can pay $15/month to play (and access cooler stuff).

Long Version
Its a really fun game if you enjoy stupidly complex games hahaha. Eve is a giant sandbox MMO set in futuristic sci-fi space. In the game you join clans called corporations (aka corps). Corps vary in size and in purpose. Smaller corps will specialize in mining ore and selling it, others will specialize in manufacturing ships, ship parts, and ammunition, all to be sold on the market, while others will focus on running missions, exploration, or battling other players. Corps can vary in size from a handful of members to over a thousand members, and each will give you a different experience. Corps can also be apart of larger Alliances, who can have as many as 5000+ players in it. In some cases those Alliances will be apart of even larger Coalitions. For example, I'm in a Corp that currently has 475+ online members in its Discord. My corp is apart of an Alliance which has 1400+ members online in its Discord.

The corps and the Alliance all work together to own our own space that we hold through military force. We "live" in whats known as 0.0 space (or null space). In Eve there is a "security status" for each of the 5200 solar systems in the game, and that security status is on a scale from 1.0 (safest) to -1.0 (least safe). The most safe, 1.0 to 0.5, is the highest security space (aka noob space) and is called highsec, then theres 0.4 to 0.1 which is called lowsec, and finally theres 0.0 to -1.0, which is called nullsec or nullspace. Everything in the nullsec range is completely player driven, meaning its all run and owned by players, no NPCs. That is where my Alliance resides.

Because we're so large we mine our own ore, refine it, process it, manufacture it into stuff, then sell it on the markets in stations that we built in solar systems that we own. Then we use that stuff we make and sell to go fight against other Alliances space battles that can range in fleet size from 3v3 to 800v800 and even larger. In Nullsec (and Wormhole space) you're in constant danger of being blown up by another player that isnt in your corp or alliance. Other alliances could potentially mount massive offensives against us and try to invade and conquer our space. Currently my alliance is involved in an extremely large war against another alliance. When you fight other people, you will get blown up. When you lose items in the game, like when you get blown up, you never get them back unless you have enough in-game currency (called ISK) to buy another one on the market.

The kicker? In order to use anything in the game, you have to train Skills to use those items. Your skill level in one certain specialized skill can affect anything from the ship itself and how it flies, to the guns and ammunition, to whatever the hell else you could possibly think. Those skills are trained in REAL time. Meaning if a skill says its going to take 3 days to train, it will take 3 of our real days for that skill to get finished training. The longest skill I've ever trained was for 38+ days for something super advanced in the game.

If any of that sounds cool to you, I guarantee theres something in Eve you'd like. (But maybe not)

w@ggz

-bZ- Member
I first gave a look at that short version and then the long version, then minimized them both. That is a lot of eve talk.

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I first gave a look at that short version and then the long version, then minimized them both. That is a lot of eve talk.
Hey man, he's passionate about Eve, just doesn't care about Adam.