Be part of something great, join today!

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Closed Beta

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
Doesn't look appealing texture wise, but if it's anything like the first I'd buy. Small company so they might not make the most complete game but the gameplay is better than most AAA games.

Popas13

-bZ- Member
The second wave of the beta is tomorrow, and I may get an invite. I have to sacrifice a chicken to the gods to be selected. I'm thinking either KFC or Popeyes.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Beta Wave 6 dropped yesterday, and it's been actually pretty fun. Anybody else playing it?

I played the initial beta when it came out several months ago and wasn't very enthusiastic about the game. However, this 6th iteration has really seen some polish from the devs. It's definitely a faster pace, but than Squad, but it still has the same feel because the engagements happen at longer range. Semi-auto is the way to go, and you really need to control your bursts if using a full auto.

The audio is fantastic. Very immersive when a variety of helos, spooky gunships and scout planes are flying overhead, all while artillery bombardments and F4 Phantoms are doing a napalm run! It gets a little intense.

They really could use some upgraded VOIP tech in the game though. You can talk directly to your squad or the entire team. So you will here comms the whole round, whether or not they are relevant to your situation.

I played last night as a radio man for the commander and just followed him around wherever he went. He was able to use my radio to set markers and call in specific attacks. Very cool gameplay.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Here's a gameplay video from Beta Wave 6 I found. You can see that slow is better. You'll die less often that way.

Full Gameplay Video

Here's an arty strike.

Cobra Gunship

SKalber

-bZ- Member
So far the people that I know that have the game are: me, CR8Z, Billy and K2. Does anyone else have it?

SKalber

-bZ- Member
I hear you fraggle, slow and steady in there. Run and gun doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fragglerock_93

-bZ- Member
Donator
I hear you fragile, slow and steady in there. Run and gun doesn't work.

For sure. I got it down somewhat decently yesterday. I'm nowhere near good, but I had a little killing spree while also shooting down a chopper with an rpg

SKalber

-bZ- Member
That is a good deal. I paid $20 about 3 weeks before it was released.