Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

SID is still here :)

SID-328

-bZ- Member
Hey, just popping in to say hi and SID is still alive! I'm just not able to play much with moving and other life (or lack thereof) events.

Didn't get into new place til the 4th, just got the internet installed waiting for approval to drill. And being exhausted moving everything on my own, lost my tonneau cover after forgetting to fasten it down, taking off to grab a cold one.

Now working on new DIY desk to set up my rig and join yas again.

What's your thoughts on laptop gaming - I'm considering ditching the desktop.

Erry1stolemyname

-bZ- Member
A laptop is an expensive mini computer that you can't upgrade, and in my opinion has shitty cooling.

Why spend a couple grand on something with a smaller monitor, smaller keyboard, crappy mouse instead of buying a desktop?

SID-328

-bZ- Member
A laptop is an expensive mini computer that you can't upgrade, and in my opinion has shitty cooling.

Why spend a couple grand on something with a smaller monitor, smaller keyboard, crappy mouse instead of buying a desktop?

That's the drawback yes and Nvidia is soon to release a new line I think, but I'm disliking the tower sitting on the desk, I'm going for that clean and tidy desk appearance. Don't like it on the floor (too dusty especially if near feet). And I like the idea of portability.
The alternative is a micro atx build which there are some nice cases in that form.

Anyway, hope to see yas in game tonight or tomorrow. Desk is nearly built.

Update: New desk I'm working on, about half done, needs trim and legs will be boxed in with hardwood. Blanket is on top to protect maple finish til I can get around to staining it.
P_20180718_195401_vHDR_Auto.jpg
mZwLYd

It's not terrible with the tower up there.

Last edited:

Erry1stolemyname

-bZ- Member
That's the drawback yes and Nvidia is soon to release a new line I think, but I'm disliking the tower sitting on the desk, I'm going for that clean and tidy desk appearance. Don't like it on the floor (too dusty especially if near feet). And I like the idea of portability.
The alternative is a micro atx build which there are some nice cases in that form.

Anyway, hope to see yas in game tonight or tomorrow. Desk is nearly built.
Take the tower off the desk then and put it in the floor...or, put it in the wall just like drug cartels do with dead bodies. The possibilities are limitless.