Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

"Streamsniping"

I just got done speaking with RogaineFoam on discord and he said I should post/ask here, TLDR: I have a buddy who's been streaming (not adverting his stream, diff IGN, etc) but there's a group that's been streamsniping him regardless of what server he goes to (both core and HC) including the BZ servers and he's just looking for a populated HC server we can all play on together without dealing with the streamsniping. After discussing with Rogaine he let me know that intentional the Tking/trying to get someone to TK you would not be tolerated and that if we provided evidence the people would obviously be dealt with and so I'm here asking instead about the actual act of "streamsniping" (actively watching someone's stream to gain extra intel about where they are in game to gain an unfair advantage over them) is this something that would be able to also be dealt with or is it more of a "deal with it" scenario? Thanks in advance for the responses.

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Easy solution!
Add a delay to the stream.

We have already dealt with this with others and it really is an scenario that is outside of the realm of us to enforce on the admin side of things.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
If your buddy is hated enough to get trolled like this he is also at risk of getting SWATTED. And he can very much get killed.

I'd advise him to contact his local law enforcement and if possible have his home address flagged as a potential target of swatting. At least get it on record in case someone does this to him and if he survives he'll be in a better legal position.

If your buddy is hated enough to get trolled like this he is also at risk of getting SWATTED. And he can very much get killed.

I'd advise him to contact his local law enforcement and if possible have his home address flagged as a potential target of swatting. At least get it on record in case someone does this to him and if he survives he'll be in a better legal position.

I appreciate the advice/concern. Honestly it had never been an issue for him till the first day he started streaming BF4 and the dudes (persistent I'll give them that) pretty much have done it nonstop for 2 weeks, I'll let him know about the swatting thing just in case.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Please do. People are fucking insane anymore and we've already proven that they'll cause someone to die over a stupid video game.