Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

The language filter

Last week I picked up a mute ban for saying "n1 bro." Short memory but today I picked up another mute ban for saying "n1 grant."

Guys I get it. Call it muscle memory. Never type in "N1..." with any "g" or "r" combination.

I get it.

But... can I ask that maybe the admins have a look at the plug-in and maybe tweak it down just a bit?

Just saying.
Thnx

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Its not that simple, its a code. Pretty much as good as its gonna get.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
N followed by a 1 is a typical evasion of filters that frown on a particularly unfavored epithet.

Don't use it. Problem solved. You're welcome.

I'd say never type "N1" in general.

I've run afoul of the filter before and while it wasn't "N1"-related it was related to the word it's filtering. Suffice to say, be very careful not to fat-finger the word "big". It sucks that this happens but I understand why bz does it. Frankly there are some other words I am shocked to see which are not in the filter beyond the current 3 and their variations.

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Because anything else added will just add additional goofy instances of people typing something and getting in trouble for it lol.

hi again,

can i ask how long the ban is for? i typed in "test" yesterday, i believe one full week from my last "N1" ban and got kicked again.

is there any way to let me know when the current ban expires so i can safely type in chat.

thank you again
jim

outlinedlizard

-bZ- Member
hi again,

can i ask how long the ban is for? i typed in "test" yesterday, i believe one full week from my last "N1" ban and got kicked again.

is there any way to let me know when the current ban expires so i can safely type in chat.

thank you again
jim
if you keep testing it keeps extending

-bZ-Nyonbjorn

-bZ- Member
Donator
Can someone just tell him when his ban expires so he stops punishing himself?
I'd also like to point out that "n1" has been used as "nice one" for a lot longer than it's been used to evade filters.
We used to say "n1" in DAoC all the time. It was never interpreted any other way than "nice one."

Last edited:

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Have you submitted a support ticket with BFAT? I had mentioned this in the last appeal you had posted regarding this.

'Anything you type that admin kills you or kicks you from the server for typing, will affect the mute. You aren't banned, and you won't be banned for typing too many times. Just kicked repeatedly.

Unfortunately, the mute is not something we can access/lift ourselves as it's handled by a third party plug-in, you would need to join the BFAT discord and submitting a support ticket, unfortunately that may take a while as the owners of BFAT are extremely busy. If you wish to give it a shot; https://bfadmintools.com/'

I'd also like to point out that "n1" has been used as "nice one" for a lot longer than it's been used to evade filters.
We used to say "n1" in DAoC all the time. It was never interpreted any other way than "nice one."
He's not banned, hasn't been banned, it's just a mute that server admins aren't even able to see since the BFAT/adkats integration didn't work out the way the creators of BFAT had hoped for. The only people that can see mute information are the guys over at bfadmintools.com.

Unfortunately, while we all know n1 has been used since the dawn of online gaming with chat features, idiots out there have used it to bypass the filter, so 'n1' won't be removed from the filter list. I keep telling people to avoid saying n1, it's not that hard to just say nice one, ns, nice shot, or anything other than n1.

-bZ-Nyonbjorn

-bZ- Member
Donator
Have you submitted a support ticket with BFAT? I had mentioned this in the last appeal you had posted regarding this.

'Anything you type that admin kills you or kicks you from the server for typing, will affect the mute. You aren't banned, and you won't be banned for typing too many times. Just kicked repeatedly.

Unfortunately, the mute is not something we can access/lift ourselves as it's handled by a third party plug-in, you would need to join the BFAT discord and submitting a support ticket, unfortunately that may take a while as the owners of BFAT are extremely busy. If you wish to give it a shot; https://bfadmintools.com/'

He's not banned, hasn't been banned, it's just a mute that server admins aren't even able to see since the BFAT/adkats integration didn't work out the way the creators of BFAT had hoped for. The only people that can see mute information are the guys over at bfadmintools.com.

Unfortunately, while we all know n1 has been used since the dawn of online gaming with chat features, idiots out there have used it to bypass the filter, so 'n1' won't be removed from the filter list. I keep telling people to avoid saying n1, it's not that hard to just say nice one, ns, nice shot, or anything other than n1.
Agreed. I don't use n1 either because of its association.

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Typically if you only say n1 and don't follow it by typing someones name, you SHOULD be fine. If you HAVE to say N1 over any other compliments, don't follow it with someones name, especially if it starts with b or g.

If people just stopped casually throwing around racial slurs then it wouldn't be a problem in the first place. I blame the rap music and those damned awful Southern-style restaurants with the barrels full of salted baked goods.

this guy frickin gets it!

thank you !

this guy frickin gets it!

thank you !
"n1" itself is not the problem. It's n1 followed by a G or a B ( apparently ) because people use it to attempt to circumvent calling someone a derogatory name. If the filter didn't pick that up then you'd have a bunch of edgelords in the chat commenting on people's racial makeup. Saying "n1 Topher" is fine and the filter doesn't pick up on it but if you say the same thing to Gauss then it will react to it. Machines are dumb and can't understand context in language.

"Have you submitted a support ticket with BFAT? I had mentioned this in the last appeal you had posted regarding this."

i have gone to the site and was unable to find links for contacting or support.

i do appreciate the help and suggestions i have gotten in here just please understand my frustration at a constantly extended mute ban for typing in "N1 bro"

the enjoyment of the game is way down and the ability to squad play is zippo.

i've waited what i felt was a full week before typing "test" in chat. mind blowingly long. i know i'm not alone with this "N1" problem. a plugin that cannot be accessed or controled may need to be reset...not removed, just rebooted. the guys caught in the "n!" bs won't be getting caught again and the douchebags running racist shit will very definately get caught early.

anyways, i'll give it another full wekk and see what happens.

thanks for the help...that goes out to all.

NWG_theJiMMMM

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
i have gone to the site and was unable to find links for contacting or support.
On the website, go to the top right and click the discord link, join their discord and you can open a ticket within their discord.

1651868666880.png

Hopefully they'll be able to help you with the mute :)

On the website, go to the top right and click the discord link, join their discord and you can open a ticket within their discord.

View attachment 8372

Hopefully they'll be able to help you with the mute :)
thank you topher,

i'm not real good at figuring out the obvious.

lol

ok so, followed through and tried to set up a support ticket. got this message "Ticket category has reached child channel limit (50)" i assume they're all full up.

i have no luck i swear.

lol

jim