Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

The people want Pearl back?

Do you want Pearl Market in the rotation?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Going to test it out a bit this weekend and see how it impact the population.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Pearl got added last weekend, and Guilin got added this weekend. Both seem to be doing alright and only run during higher population times.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
When I used to play.. People would always leave when Pearl came on. Some love it, some hate it. It's a pretty even split.

Population definitely drops when going to Pearl, but some only come because Pearl is in the mix. It's just a mixed bag. Only running it during peak hours definitely helps keep it from killing the server while keeping everyone happy.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Love that Pearl is in the rotation, and Peaks is a great addition. Could do with one less locker in the rotation

The current lineup is this:

Locker
Metro
Pearl
Locker
Metro
Guilin
repeat

During lower-population times it's harder to keep Pearl and Guilin populated whereas Locker and Metro tend to do better which is why they're between Pearl and Guilin.

Are you thinking something like this?

Locker
Metro
Pearl
Metro
Guilin
repeat

Something like that would be nice, ideally I'd prefer to only see one of each in the rotation but understand that some people may have issues with that.

Punk

Neurotic
-bZ- Member
Pearl used to drop the server (Back when it was just All Maps and Metro/Locker/Pearl) population by about half, but not usually as bad as Locker would.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Pearl used to drop the server (Back when it was just All Maps and Metro/Locker/Pearl) population by about half, but not usually as bad as Locker would.

It still does a number on it at times but the servers are running so strong right now we can absorb it and it fills right back up.

Punk

Neurotic
-bZ- Member
It still does a number on it at times but the servers are running so strong right now we can absorb it and it fills right back up.
Yes, I'm aware that my perspective on the servers is outdated. I was just reaffirming previous sentiments in the thread that Pearl can have a negative impact on the server population. If we have the playerbase to sustain it then cool.