Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Time to get a server

Popas13

-bZ- Member
So here is the deal. Battlefield 1 looks great, and the game play isn't up to snuff. But, there are a lot of reasons to get a server anyway. For 150 bucks we can get a server for 6 months. They now allow you to manage the server a bit better, being able to kick and ban. You can start a server with six players now. Plus, it will lead to an influx of new members in the club.

I have been hanging out on the LEB server and on their discord for a few weeks. They are not much of a clan. Actually it is just some guy who made a server, and he now has almost 19,000 players who have favorited his server. And he doesn't really manage his server like we do on our BF4 servers inviting people to teamspeak, the website, and what have you.

So if we did the same thing, set up the same server settings, and one half of one percent of the people who mark our server a favorite joined Banzore, that would still be 95 new members to the club.

The server LEB is running as hardcore, isn't really hardcore. I get that hardcore is the favorite of our club, but when it comes to BF1, true hardcore isn't as good of a game to play. It just doesn't translate as well as BF4 hardcore does. And it isn't what everyone is playing. A ton of servers in BF1 are listed as hardcore, but hardly any of them are actually hardcore.

As for the settings that the most popular servers are using... I get that you as a Banzore member will hate one or two or even most of these settings. I totally get where you are coming from. But, these are what people are playing, and if we want to keep the Banzore clan as a known name, I think we should have a presence in BF1.

Server Settings
MISC
MINIMAP SPOTTING ON
NAMETAGS ON
HUD ON
3D SPOTTING ON
UNLIMITED MAGAZINES OFF
AIM ASSIST SLOWDOWN ON
ALWAYS FOG OFF
FRIENDLY FIRE OFF
KILL CAM ON
ONLY SQUAD LEADER SPAWN OFF
LENIENT LATENCY ON
AIM ASSIST AUTO ROTATION ON
DISABLE PRE-ROUND ON
MAP VOTING ON
REGENERATE HEALTH ON
VEHICLE 3P CAMERA ON
LATENCY LOCK OFF
BEHEMOTHS ON
RELOAD FULL MAGS OFF
KITS
ELITE CLASSES ON
SCOUT ON
SUPPORT ON
ASSAULT ON
MEDIC ON
VEHICLES
LAND VEHICLES ON
AIR VEHICLES ON
WEAPONS
MELEE ON
HANDGUN ON
CLASS GADGETS ON
STANDARD ISSUE RIFLES ON
LMG ON
SELF-LOADING RIFLES ON
SHOTGUN ON
SMG ON
EXPLOSIVES ON
SINGLE-ACTION RIFLES ON
SCALES
VEHICLE RESPAWN TIME 0.5
ROUND TIME LIMIT 0.0
BULLET DAMAGE 2.0
TICKET COUNT 2.0
RESPAWN TIME 0.5

This is the only setting that bugs me personally as a badass hardcore Banzore member. Kill Cam! I hate it. But without it, you can't have 3D spotting which everyone wants, including me. There is 3rd person view on, for vehicles which makes flying awesome. There is self heal. All of these go against what Banzore does. All of these are the most popular in BF1.

So you have to ask yourselves is it worth it? If we are going to do a server to keep the club fresh in the minds of Battlefield players, and get some fresh meat, this is the server to run.

Running the type of server that has the hardcore game mode we as Banzore members like, is not popular in BF1, and the server will fail. It is that simple.

I say we should run one of these so called "hardcore" servers, that are far from actual hardcore, and have a presence in BF1. However, I am against the idea of running any other kind of server, because it will not be populated, and it will be a waste of money.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
If we can create the community to support it then I'm all for it. I do not and will not play BF1. EA will not get any more of my money. They screwed the pooch on this one.

That said, I don't like half the games people here play but I still like the people, and I like making new friends so I can get behind this :)

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
Seeding has always been issue.

IF we can get SEEDERS getting a server is no issue.

Everyone says they can HELP seed but in reality that number is about 90 percent less than the verbal commitments.

Popas13

-bZ- Member
I can't help seed. I am hitting the road for a couple of months doing my truck driving thing. You only need six to start a custom server these days. I think that is possible. The other aspect of this, is it will be slow going for a while until the number of people that make it a favorite find it. But it is about the cost of a month and a half on a BF4 server, so... Who knows? There is a bunch of fresh meat running around in BF1, and there is the fourth expansion coming out next month. But it is going to take a commitment of time which I am not able to participate in.