Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Temp Ban Ban Appeal: fettman98

fettman98

Donator
In-game Name fettman98

Have you cheated before? A few times on Halo: Custom Edition when I was around 11 or 12 years old.

What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? I would like to begin by saying im not sure if my ban is permanent or not. I see a timer on the Loser alert message that pops up, im not sure if its counting down or counting up representing how long I have been banned, so please do not be bothered if this was a short, temporary ban and im trying to appeal it, I simply do not know. If the ban is permanent then of course I will try to fight it, but I mainly would like to open up a dialogue with a Banzore professional, and I will explain why. The circumstances surrounding my ban seemed odd because of what language is and is not allowed on your servers. I admit yes, I said Nigger, you can see the whole conversation from that game I hope. This was after seeing people use Nigga, Niggah, Nig, Jew (in a derogatory way), Kike and Faggot within the past two games before my ban, and countless other radical slurs in my many years playing on your servers..... which I do almost every night (im a dedicated old-school battlefield player, no other game will ever compare, and the BZ1 server, amongst the other hardcore Banzore servers is always my go to). My slur was sandwiched between slurs of equal or greater vileness. Thats not the point, yet, though. It was a response to being called a Faggot twice, by a player named Deathynol im pretty sure, not a great response but regardless what he said wasnt to great either, yet he still has the priviledge of access to your servers. As usual there were people complaining about flir, which is fine but it gets old. FLIR is not the ultimate tool newbs seem to put on a pedestal, and on the opposite spectrum its not some terrible boogy-man that needs to be removed like alot of the bf4 veterans say. I chimmed in saying how easily counterable FLIR is and whatnot, and it led to me being called a Faggot twice. It really upset me that this fellow had nothing to say besides that (even more so that he was not banned as well for using the word Faggot multiple times), he had good diction he probably could of won the debate with big words but I digress. I was trying to come up with some crappy zinger and the first thing that came to mind was " I would rather be a faggot than a nigger", in a half hearted attempt at shutting him down while trying to fitting in. I understand that is not something a good human being should say. I dont know how to describe the reality of the fact that it was a goofy spur of the moment mishap, and I do sincerely apologize, I dont speak like that in your servers or ANYWHERE else for that matter, I had a momentary lapse of impulse control. After that the situation spiraled down, which was my fault too. I TKed him after he called me a faggot the first two times, which was not wise but but hey what he said was not very nice, kind of like how what I said was not very nice. I politely told him that I TKed him because he called me a faggot, I just couldnt stand for it. He proceed to call me a Faggot yet again, at this point my pride got the best of me and I doubled down for some reason, im a man of principle who sometimes doesnt know when his perceived victories inevitably lead to a greater defeat. You might have some sort of log showing everything I have said on your servers throughout the years, I hope you do because you will see this behavior is a first for me on your servers. I normally try to get people to chill and just play the damned game, we dont play for server drama bull-crap or to listen to people complain, we play to unwind and maybe feel some sort of false sense of accomplishment and escape from our declining society, it gets old when whinny babies fill the chat with filth over a scope they dont like. To conclude this portion of this page, I would like re-iterate my apology. I, Jonathon , and sincerely sorry for what I have said, and I do regret it, even if I hadnt been banned I would of regretted it because a friend I was making on the enemy team ( he had a fun name, like guns_and_butts or something) suddenly changed his mind about him taking a liking towards me, and that really did hurt, sincerely it hurt, I was trying to figure out how to send him a friend request, we were having some great banter in the earlier games, and what I said threw away what might of been a good internet gaming "squad-up" friendship. What I said was just downright greasy... but for some reason your admin tool doesnt find the word Faggot or Kike greasy, or any other of the plethora of horrendous words and slurs seen on your servers on a daily basis. In fact, besides me being flustered in an argument leading me to regrettably saying something absolutely vile, I would go so far as to say the biggest reason I said it was because I would of never guessed it was a bannable offense, based on the language I see on your servers whenever I log on to enjoy them. Nigger is a bannable offense, but Faggot is not? Kike is not? Jew (in a derogatory manner) is not? You are a Banzore player so you have to know how people talk in your servers, and I mean that with all due respect, and I highly respect your organizing for keeping the spirit of BF4 alive, but on a daily basis people are vile in your servers, almost every game. Thats common in alot of games its not your fault. I guess what im trying to say is that I feel singled out. Please check the logs and you will see what im saying. I emulated the speech present in your server everyday and it was my first time doing it, and I was banned for it, while the people who continuously do it, I assume Deathynol probably calls lots of people Faggots (which is reprehensible) in your servers, yet he gets to continue on, spewing that crap. If im unbanned after this I might just never engage in dialogue again besides voice chat because the one time I get upset and respond to a troll, well here we are, and I would rather this not happen again, and I have admittedly been killed ALOT arguing with FLIR complainers, abstaining from chat and ignoring the trolls would help that issue as well :) And I dont wanna throw away a potential friendship again either, if I had swallowed my pride I may of been queued up with a cool new friend as we speak, but instead im here with my tail (semi) between my legs. If there was a lesson to be learned, I think I learned it. But I also feel your admin tool needs a slight revision as well. Lets make Nigger, Faggot, Kike and ALL the other words that shouldn't exist, and make them ALL bannable offenses, it would keep the server cleaner, and spare confusion about what is and is not allowed in the future. Thank you for hearing me out and I sincerely hope you consider what I have to say. Playing on your servers throughout the years is of the greatest pleasures I know, next to fishing and my career, and I mean that sincerely. I would wish for nothing more than a second chance and an opportunity for a clean slate, that would be kept clean. My first slate was clean since I got the game all those years ago, I assure you that you can have faith in me to keep a new slate cleaner than the last.

Why should we lift your ban? I believe the ban should be lifted because of the confusion of what can and cannot be said on your server. Its a very mixed message when I see Nigga and Faggot in the chat used in derogatory ways, and people speaking in a vile manner consistently to each other, only to be banned the FIRST TIME that I respond in kind. Im not justifying what I said, I hope you realize how it brought me pain, pain greater than if it would of just been a ban, I lost a friend, as an adult man I know what I said was wrong, I didnt mean it and I beyond sincerely regret it, but at the same time half the server talks like that regardless every single day. Ignorance is no excuse, but it was ignorance indeed, when as long as I can remember thats how people talk on BZ1 (maybe its just the hardcore servers?). I witness, every day just about, the same/similar word/words that I had said, with all the other disgusting words I have shared with you today... so as a first time offender, in a SEA of players who consistently speak this way on your servers every single day, why am I the one here while they get to play and be merry as they type their obscenities in the chat? I mean gosh golly, its perfectly acceptable to call people Faggots in your servers, that is not a bannable offense, but God forbid if someone says a word equally as horrifying, esspecially if its their first time doing so ( in jest even ), god forbid.. Please forgive if that came off as rude, but in this panel I would like to be as direct as possible. Its just goofy to me, its a double standard. I reiterate that Banzore is the go-to if you wanna have fun in BF4, im not knocking you guys at all, im nearly a daily patron of your server and I wouldnt be if I didnt love what you guys do. Just help me understand is all I ask.

Kick reason (from Battlelog) Kicked by Admin

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://bf4db.com Yes

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://battlefield.agency Yes

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Your current temporary ban expires in ~15 hours. Please review our ingame rules. Subsequent bans will be longer in length.

We will not be changing the filter.

fettman98

Donator
Thank you for the quick rely. Upon reviewing the rules I now see that the server rules reflect me being completely in the wrong here. I understand what is and is not acceptable PERFECTLY now. You have a beautiful Christmas!