Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Temp Ban Ban Appeal: NotBlink

In-game Name NotBlink

Have you cheated before? No

What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? in the 1st clip they throw a nade out of uncap (as far as im aware throwing nades out of uncap is the same thing as shooting from uncap as it doesn't say otherwise, correct me if im wrong though) and the 2nd clip theres a man shooting out of uncap and this was after he called me out so i was trying not to kill anyone in uncap at this point even though they were shooting out of it and waited till they pushed out but only 2 ran out while dj was caught in the crossfire standing in the door

Why should we lift your ban? I was under the impression when you have enemies shooting around and throwing nades from uncap they became far game

Kick reason (from Battlelog) Banned By Admin

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://bf4db.com Yes

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://battlefield.agency Yes

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? in the 1st clip they throw a nade out of uncap (as far as im aware throwing nades out of uncap is the same thing as shooting from uncap as it doesn't say otherwise, correct me if im wrong though) and the 2nd clip theres a man shooting out of uncap and this was after he called me out so i was trying not to kill anyone in uncap at this point even though they were shooting out of it and waited till they pushed out but only 2 ran out while dj was caught in the crossfire standing in the door

Why should we lift your ban? I was under the impression when you have enemies shooting around and throwing nades from uncap they became far game
When a player throws any type of utility from uncap, that makes that player fair game.
When a player shoots from uncap, that makes that player fair game.
Your impression as to what makes a specific player fair game is correct.

What you misunderstand, however, is that it does not make every person in their uncap fair game.
When you engage someone in the other team's uncap, you are only allowed to damage/kill the person who is fair game. Every other player in their uncap still has their protection to not be attacked until they cross that boundary. Yes, it can be confusing to tell who exactly is firing however that doesn't change the fact that it is your responsibility to ensure you only engage with the person who is fair game. It's a risk you take when firing into their uncap and ultimately your mistake if you kill someone who is "innocent". This is why we recommend you not shoot into uncap unless you are certain you will only damage that player or your team has all-capped the other team.

If you look at your conversation below, there's a few issues.

1. As stated above, a few people firing out does not make everyone fair game.
2. The other side of that doorway is still their uncap. If you were to enter it, you'd be greeted with the "out of combat" warning timer. Neither time you killed Grouch did he cross that boundary, thus he was not at the top of A yet.
3. Spraying an uncap, regardless of how many people you think are fair game is never a good idea, because like this instance you may injure or kill those who are not fair game.
4. Someone getting caught in your crossfire is not their fault or mistake, it's yours and ultimately is on you for firing into uncap.
5. Your final message sounds like you expect a slap on the wrist and will be back on the server. Which to me infers the attitude of you'll do what you want because you expect you'll still get unbanned and that your violations aren't going to catch up with you.

We hold everyone to the same standard of obeying the rules. You already had a 7 day tempban for a different rule violation in the past. Why should your ban be lifted this time?

notbiink.png

I was indeed upset at the time of posting those messages and it was indeed childish, your message now makes it's clear that I was indeed in the wrong and know for future if that be the case that I shouldn't shoot people unprovoked/without knowing whos shooting or steer away from uncap all together, it was stupid of me and am hoping you can take the fact that I now fully know that my actions for breaking the rules have consequences into consideration before leaning either way on this appeal.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I was indeed upset at the time of posting those messages and it was indeed childish, your message now makes it's clear that I was indeed in the wrong and know for future if that be the case that I shouldn't shoot people unprovoked/without knowing whos shooting or steer away from uncap all together, it was stupid of me and am hoping you can take the fact that I now fully know that my actions for breaking the rules have consequences into consideration before leaning either way on this appeal.
Thanks for acknowledging your mistakes and promising to follow the rules in the future. Because of this, you ban has been reduced to a tempban of three days.

Do note though, that if something like this happens again in the future, it will be permanent. So, it's in your best interest to avoid uncap altogether unless for a certainty you know it's fair game to do so.

Please be more careful in the future.

appreciate you giving me a reduced sentence, also you mentioned i had a week ban prior and am wondering what that was from? cause the only thing i could think of was a tk report that i appealed and it proved that i didnt intentionally kill him, other than that could it of been from wondering too high up on the mountain? cause that aswell was reverted

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
That was from the non intentional teamkills report about 2 months ago. However, you also had a run in with our language filter. Numerous ingame reports for intentional teamkills. Recently you were temporarily banned for attacking uncap; hence, you still had active punish points that had yet to expire (1 per month as a reward for clean play).

The restricted area ban had no impact on our decision. Based on total points, the infraction last month would have been a 7D temporary ban. You were given the benefit out doubt and only issued a 1D temporary ban instead.

If you don't target uncap in the future, you don't run the risk of making a mistake.

That was from the non intentional teamkills report about 2 months ago. However, you also had a run in with our language filter. Numerous ingame reports for intentional teamkills. Recently you were temporarily banned for attacking uncap; hence, you still had active punish points that had yet to expire (1 per month as a reward for clean play).

The restricted area ban had no impact on our decision. Based on total points, the infraction last month would have been a 7D temporary ban. You were given the benefit out doubt and only issued a 1D temporary ban instead.

If you don't target uncap in the future, you don't run the risk of making a mistake.
thanks for the clarification on that