Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Brisket Pictures

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I think somebody told me fat side up so the juices drip down and permeate the meat. Also, fewer flare ups on an open flame.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think somebody told me fat side up so the juices drip down and permeate the meat. Also, fewer flare ups on an open flame.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fat side up is a bit of a myth. And typically that fat gets cut away so you lose the bark. Ant given meat at any given temperature can only contain a certain amount of fat. If you weighed a hamburger patty, then fried it, and weight it, weighed the grease in the pan, and then corrected for evaporation of water, and cooked another patty in a George Foreman grill, you would find that the amount of grease that stays in the pan/gGF Grill to be about the same. So, in other words, grease doesn't reenter the meat once heated.

And as far as moisture goes, some people spritz their briskets with apple juice, but if you understand the mechanism of "the stall", you will conclude that spritzing simply slows the process. Compare the first two pictures. The brisket in the second pic is half the size +/- of the first pic. That's a lot of water loss.