Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

bz9 Server offline?

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
At this time EU servers are offline, we do not have an ETA as to when or if they will be back online.

Thats the only answer we have at this time.

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Both technically. And not too much the community at large can do about the fact that EU server hosts are hot garbage. Write a sternly worded letter to your local government telling them to have better server hosts. We are considering options but again, no ETA on anything. Apologies.

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
Donator
Actually very sad... we donated just to play on the EU servers and now they're gone without letting us know before...
That's not polite

Concerns about the european side of things (bZ8, bZ9) were mentioned in this thread:

That is 7 months ago, and I think a lot did change in the meantime. What didn't change is that the server hosts in europe are not delivering functioning servers. There is multiple mentions of this on discord and on this forum about the issues with the european servers. Example below:

It has also been mentioned that there has been extremely few recruits to the community from europe. Without members in europe, banzore cannot get european admins as I think you have to be a member to become an admin. I don't know what goals banzore has, if it wants to expand or not, but it cannot expand without recruits. Having active servers and VIPs is good and all, but community interaction from europeans has come up short.

This is in no way any official response, as those have to come from the admins. I am just trying to elaborate on the topic. By the looks of your post history you seem well aware of the problems with the servers. All this added up pretty much doesn't make it worth it to spend time and resources on malfunctioning servers with a miniscule gain in regard to community.

If you liked the european banzore servers, you'll like the north american ones too. I regularly play on the NA servers with 110 - 125 ms latency. It's not optimal, but it works for me. Way better than abysmal european servers filled with badmins.

Saying "the servers were shut down without letting people know" simply is not true. If you don't read the news (forum/discord) you can't complain about being uninformed.

My $0.02

This text is my own thoughts and in no way an official statement from banzore.

I live in Europe and seeing a server shutdown that is both European AND Hardcore in this game makes me sad. :(
I'm curious though, is there a specific reason or common issue as to why the European hosts are hot garbage? Also is there anything the community can do to help keep those servers active besides contacting the governments part?

Last edited:
Both technically. And not too much the community at large can do about the fact that EU server hosts are hot garbage. Write a sternly worded letter to your local government telling them to have better server hosts. We are considering options but again, no ETA on anything. Apologies.
^ to your community question.
With the regards to why, I do not know for sure but I would assume it's because the hardware available isn't as good as server hosts here / I saw somewhere that there was a minimum amount of servers needed in EU to get access to the better equipment with one of the providers (or all).
Basically: Too much cost and time with not enough gain (Could be another reason).
We are considering options but again, no ETA on anything. Apologies.
If they come back, the best way to help would be to keep them populated and have more active players in the community. Last I heard it was a madhouse in bZ8/9.

All good reasons, fair enough.
Maybe you've already tried this but the DICE office in Stockholm is very friendly. Probably wouldn't hurt to shoot them an email asking for European hosting advice leveraging your active servers and players which may perk some ears. Might be worth a shot, might not.

E-mail: [email protected]