Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Cheating in BF4 - An Overview

Man i open my map with a functional button of my mouse, is that a macro???

Man i open my map with a functional button of my mouse, is that a macro???
No? You mean you have, in the game settings, changed your map button to a button on your mouse? No that is not a macro. A macro would be something like assigning a certain key or series of keys on your keyboard ( some keyboards even come with built-in "macro keys" which are ready to be assigned for just this purpose ) to execute certain actions in a programmed sequence with a single press of this "macro key". For example assigning a macro key that switches you to the gunner seat of the attack helicopter, fires the TV missile, and then switches back to the pilot seat all with only a single key press. I have no idea if this specific sequence is even possible since I don't use macros or macro keys but hopefully this examples illustrates what a "macro" would be considered.

I do not know if these kinds of macros would be considered cheating or not.

So theres a macro setting for everything? Like speed limit in jets or something? I remember Neo told me once that i use macros because he couldnt reach me in a dogfight, is that possible?

OKNewPlan

Donator
Macros can be used for things like turning your vehicle 180 degrees instantly which is probably what he was referring to. I think I was there with you when he said that actually haha. :D

Here's an example of an allowed macro:

I may have already said this, not sure though. Back in the day, of say, Doom/Duke Nukem 3d/Unreal There were aimbots. These bots were accepted by gamers because they couldn't be used online in a multiplayer arena. They were called "trainers". The idea, and of course, it works, is that if you used the aimbot (offline) for a few hours, your muscle memory and hand eye would become "ONE" giveing you a better KDR or just better AIM all around. And it does work, and works well I might add. Then of course people made the trainers to be used ONLINE ruining it all to a large degree. I know during Unreal Tournament i used off line trainers, No lie, I didnt get beat very often thats for sure. It was around Unreal Tournament that ONLINE bots started surfacing. Anways... useless reading from yours truely, Howie.

RipeSnipe

-bZ- Member
So theres a macro setting for everything? Like speed limit in jets or something? I remember Neo told me once that i use macros because he couldnt reach me in a dogfight, is that possible?
a macro used to rebind a single action to another useful key could be argued as okay, it's when you start making macros to do multiple actions at once or impossible key strokes that it gets to the unfair advantage problem.

in the eyes of anti cheat communities all macros are bad, but is also difficult to prove macro use. so if you use one to rebind a single action that is reasonably possible in normal situations there should be no issue.

**my opinions are my own and do not have any legitimacy to them nor will you be protected if you are found in violation of anti cheat policies, EA policies, or server policies**

TwinGunsLLP

Donator
I've been in the COD battle royal grind forever but the KROW guy got banned? Well hell I was wrong about him then, lots of my friends on here told me he was a cheat but I really didn't think he was. My opinion was starting to shift a bit right before I stopped playing BF4 if I remember correctly, but it was so long ago I can't remember exactly.

Rage cheaters are the best and good for a laugh. The dudes who cheat though and try to pass it off as skills? Pretty lame man.

Also thanks for the kind compliments from some of you, just noticed after reading the thread. It's definitely true however, a good gunner/engineer backing up the driver is instrumental to being successful in this game and thank so many of you for helping me out over the years! I always greatly appreciate the help because as we all know, one is none. :)

Last edited:
I've been in the COD battle royal grind forever but the KROW guy got banned? Well hell I was wrong about him then, lots of my friends on here told me he was a cheat but I really didn't think he was. My opinion was starting to shift a bit right before I stopped playing BF4 if I remember correctly, but it was so long ago I can't remember exactly.

Rage cheaters are the best and good for a laugh. The dudes who cheat though and try to pass it off as skills? Pretty lame man.

Also thanks for the kind compliments from some of you, just noticed after reading the thread. It's definitely true however, a good gunner/engineer backing up the driver is instrumental to being successful in this game and thank so many of you for helping me out over the years! I always greatly appreciate the help because as we all know, one is none. :)
Miss you friend! Winter is coming Twin we better see you on the battlefield!