Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Doom

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I'll be playing it. I am off for the next five days!

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Been playing it a few hours already. Nightmare campaign is decent enough, AI knows how to backstab you when you slow down, but mainly it is moving out of the way, constantly moving. If you A - D - A - A -D -A - D - D - D then nothing really hits you. Corridors are a bitch and require timing. Honestly nothing too intense. Graphics are cool though.

Last edited by a moderator:

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Overall Doom so far is gameplay mechanics and pretty graphics. Shit for a story line, hopefully multi-player makes up for it.

Playing with nightmare graphics is awesome, immersive even. But the cheap sounds suck and lack of a story or anything really scary makes me yawn.

Rooms get repetitive on nightmare difficulty mode. Accidental misstep and boom, back to the last annoying check point. AI isn't smart or challenging. It is like they put you in a box and made enemies chase you. That is it. No teamwork, nothing really unique or scary like in Doom 3 even.

Kinda feels like they didn't leverage the new technology to create a new game, just remade the original Doom. Which after a couple of decades the original is kinda boring. More on this later, I gotta complete the tech demo of a single player game before multiplayer.

Last edited by a moderator:

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I am running an overclocked MSI GTX 980Ti and a 6600k at 4.5Ghz. Runs Doom with nightmare graphics settings at  +60FPS, works like a champ.