Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

From a clumsy and tiresome arthropod

ArmorAbsKrab

Donator
Hey all, please give this a read,

Just here applying once last time, hoping to win the good graces of the community. I've been an active player here on and off since 2019, and was wondering why my most recent application went unanswered. I talked to a couple mods and discovered that the deciding factor was my recent temp ban for accidentally violating the racism rule. It was truly an honest, typographical mistake, and I'm really bummed out that it was the deciding factor. Let me explain one more time.

It was a rough game, so I typed "night guys" in the chat window, intending to alt-F4 for the night. I had a change of heart before hitting enter, and held backspace to delete the text. I pressed enter to clear the chat window 3 unfortunate characters too soon, spelling out "nig". I was kicked before I knew why, and it honestly took me some time to figure it out. If you look at the ban appeal you'll see the evolution of thought as I checked Battlelog to figure out what happened. At first I though it was because of a clear joke about TKing. Then I thought I was permabanned. Finally I realized it was a temp ban and I could play again in 24 hours. I worried that it would affect my application status, and I guess I was right.

Look at my history. I've been playing on these servers for 3 years now. Aside from some slight stirring of the pot, I've always been a team player and remained positive, friendly, and respectful. I try to frequent the discord and form relationships with regulars. I have no history of racism in BZ servers nor elsewhere, so it really sucks that a premature keystroke was the reason for denial. I understand a couple of the mods tried to vouch for me, and I really appreciate that. I just hope the rest of you will try to understand and reconsider.

Consider this my 3rd and final attempt to become a BZ member. I applied, disappeared to the mountains for a year, applied again, fucked myself, and now I'm here. I really appreciate these servers and all the people who work to keep them running, and I intend to stay on them as long as they're up - regardless of the results of my final attempt to become a permanent part of the community. I'm grateful for fair, consistent, well moderated servers on a game I played as a teenager, and I thank you all for everything you've done to make BZ what it is. It would be an honor to add that prefix to my username. I just hope my tenure of sportmanship can outweigh my clumsy pinky finger.

- Krabs

Last edited: