Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Legal status of soundbugging.

There is a somewhat uncommon exploit where heatseeking, passive radar and laser guided missiles are glitched and are able to lock onto targets and then the target gets no lock on warning tone, the bug is also characterized by showing no loadout on the kill cam. My question is, is this allowed on banzore servers? If the exploit requires macros, how do we account for it in case the person is using reWASD or other similar software? I have a clip that shows this happening however I do not want ot post it in case it is legal as I don't want any beef with anyone.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
There is a somewhat uncommon exploit where heatseeking, passive radar and laser guided missiles are glitched and are able to lock onto targets and then the target gets no lock on warning tone, the bug is also characterized by showing no loadout on the kill cam. My question is, is this allowed on banzore servers? If the exploit requires macros, how do we account for it in case the person is using reWASD or other similar software? I have a clip that shows this happening however I do not want ot post it in case it is legal as I don't want any beef with anyone.

It isn't always a "glitch" but instead can be a side effect of strategy.

I use active radar missiles and when I'm shooting at long range I estimate where my moving target is headed and I aim the missile at that spot. The target will often get no warning of the incoming missile because it doesn't lock on until the last second and that's not long enough to generate tone.

This happens only when the target is flying perpendicular to me. If they fly at me or away from me then they'll get tone.

It isn't always a "glitch" but instead can be a side effect of strategy.

I use active radar missiles and when I'm shooting at long range I estimate where my moving target is headed and I aim the missile at that spot. The target will often get no warning of the incoming missile because it doesn't lock on until the last second and that's not long enough to generate tone.

This happens only when the target is flying perpendicular to me. If they fly at me or away from me then they'll get tone.
Sure, but the thing is, this time I was in LAV and MAA and I was getting shot by a Stealth jet with laser guided, and I got hit multiple times without getting a lock on warning tone. This issue isn't about Passive radar only, After getting killed there was no loadout on the killfeed, all I could see was what vehicle he was in, but the info about the loadout was empty.

I've seen this a few times lately. And the most recent I recall was on Locker and I got sniped but there was no detail with it.
Probably happens on ifantry too, but I am not aware if that bug gives the player an advantage. To end this discussion, if I happen to see that a player is managing to get this glitch with laser guided weapons to work constantly, is it something that I should report it? Is it considered a bannable offense?

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Probably happens on ifantry too, but I am not aware if that bug gives the player an advantage. To end this discussion, if I happen to see that a player is managing to get this glitch with laser guided weapons to work constantly, is it something that I should report it? Is it considered a bannable offense?

It smells more like an in-game glitch and nothing that the player is causing. I'm not sure how blocking a stat gives anyone an in-game advantage anyway. You still know who killed you but you just don't see what they killed you with is all.

The problem isn't that you can't see the loadout, the problem is their laser guided weapons do not give off a lock on warning tone. Not being able to see the loadout is part of the glitch.

The problem isn't that you can't see the loadout, the problem is their laser guided weapons do not give off a lock on warning tone. Not being able to see the loadout is part of the glitch.
it has to do with your game usually, I have had it where I have no sound at all besides explosion sounds (gunshots, tank shots, etc) or just not getting tone warning sounds or some vehicle sounds like engine noise. you can fix it by restarting your game or if that doesnt fix it, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I get the bug alot probably every 4-5 sessions. It can also be what LongTrang says as I can lock on to a tow launcher or something similar that is unoccupied fire the guided, then when it gets close to the target, lock on and you get almost no or if timed well, no tone. Very common tactic for scout heli users (and I am trying to learn this currently).

As an aside, I have a bug where I cannot see people, only their weapons. It happens about 50% of the time so I just kinda go with it. Imagine how good I would be if I could actually see people during my games

Attachments

• Battlefield 4 6_7_2024 2_15_14 PM.png
    Battlefield 4 6_7_2024 2_15_14 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • Battlefield 4 6_16_2024 2_59_38 PM.png
    Battlefield 4 6_16_2024 2_59_38 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 3
yeah Ive tried, it works sometimes but comes back the next game. I have just learned to play with it when it happens. I am usually in vehicles so i just imagine everyone has dice camo since I run thermal vision.
This almost always only happens for me on Dragon Valley 2015. I've read that a possible fix is to do a complete clean reinstall of BF4. Might be worth looking into if it ever starts to really bother you.