Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

No more commander?

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Even an incompetent commander still has access to unbalanced powers. It doesn't take much experience to know "right click and press UAV" to have a free unkillable spotting tool that spots even inside buildings. Or "right click and click quick deploy" to give a squad a half redeploy wait time. When there are 2 commanders competing, it's a bit better, but that's pretty rare these days, so it usually devolves into one team having a pretty significant advantage.

I've shot down the UAV's with the AA several times. This of course requires people to use the AA as an AA...which will piss off the run-n-gun pukes but that's what the AA is supposed to do is to suppress the enemy air.

Also, I'm not opposed to the unbalanced nature of having a commander on one side and none on the other. Happens all the time in reality.

It's unkillable in server 2, which is what this thread is for. It requires an AA (and is difficult for even the AA to shoot down), but I believe the number of infantry rockets required to kill it is 5-10. In server 2, engineers are not common anywhere but pearl. And the other 2 maps in server 2 (metro locker) have spots that are literally out of sight for all soldiers (over the metro, or on top of the mountain).

Last edited:

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
The physics of the UAV are different from other air vehicles. They have an effective altitude that's significantly higher than other aircraft at the same altitude and it's deceiving. Once you figure it out it's an easy kill but typically you have to use guns and not missiles.

Sidenote: I am a whore commander...
when I first playing this I would use up all my bonus points using commander and ranked fast as hell, sniper drop crates on team members doing nothing but uncap camping, and Iam pretty quick on comms to let SL's know whats going on around them.
Otherwise its just point and click.