Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Punish Command

Hello all. First of all, thanks for the great servers and adminship.

I wanted to ask if this server has ever used a punish command in the past, or if there were any plans to implement one in the future?

I ask because I am intentionally teamkilled in spawn pretty much every night because people hate my playstyle.

I use the report command and have even uploaded video in the past, but I never hear anything about it and still see those same players in the server.

Just wondering if a punish command might help decrease the amount of reports you all have to go through, and decrease the amount of griefing players like myself have to go through on a nightly basis.

I am not telling anyone how to run their server, just offering an idea. If the answer is no, I will accept that and move on. Thanks for the great servers!

Frank Castle

-bZ- Member
I understand that, I have the same problem with TK.

Hello Franklin - you and I have the same playstyle so you understand.

We are put in a position where we have to record all our gameplay and lose FPS just to get rid of these griefers.

If that must be so, it must be so. But I think a punish command could make things much more streamlined going forward.

You can utilize the !report on anyone who intentionally keeps teamkilling you. They accrue punish points which lead to progressive disciplining as they recieve more points against them.

The punish command is heavily abused in all the servers that use it. People who do dumb things like run in front of bipod Lmgs and get killed use punish and kill a poor guy who did nothing wrong among a hundred other scenarios where the punish feature is abused. Just utilize the report command.

Hello Dan - if the punish command is abused is the report command not abused as well? I can recall just from last night a player using the report command for me being a "puss puss".

Of course I will abide the server rules and functions going forward, just offering an idea. Thanks for your help!

Also, if someone is intentionally teamkilling, a pattern usually shows up and admins can check logs to see if someone is teamkilling constantly. That's why the report command is important, as it draws the admin's attention to a specific person.

Beyond that, tks are part of the hardcore playstyle. There is no great solution beyond using the report feature that is in place so you kinda just have to get used to it.

In my expeirence managing a number of HC BF4 servers in the last ~5 years, the punish command is used vastly more against accidental teamkills or used to grief (steal vehicles, force tk so they can punish, etc.). The !punish command is terrible and should not exist for general players or even VIP. Luckily BZ has very active admins, don't forget with such a low population we need to encourage people to improve their behaviour instead of just ban them, there are not many servers or players left... if someone keeps doing it though just submit the video report.

The report command does not instantly punish someone. It notifies the admins to look into a person's conduct and they can check kill&chat logs to see if anything is worth punishing.

The punish command gives every single player the immediate and complete control over punishing a person even if the person doing the punishing was in the wrong. Using the report feature means that the punishment must be filtered through the judgment of the admin team, which means any abuse of the command just annoys them instead of directly influencing immediate gameplay. It's the fairest option we have right now.

Hi Crisco - I agree with you that I don't want these players banned, I want their behavior modified such that they don't intentionally teamkill in spawn.

As far as looking into the report/conduct, there are some players who are serial tkers/griefers who will show up eventually. There are also some players who only intentionally TK players like Frank and myself, so a pattern is more difficult to discern.

All that said, I will go back to recording again then. I am just trying to avoid it because it is an FPS drop, but I will work with what I have. Thanks for the help!

Even if it's tough to discern a pattern immediately, I would still recommend reporting whenever you're flagrantly teamkilled. The admins keep track of that stuff and if it adds up that a person kills you a bunch every time you play together, it'll show in the logs. Recording is your best bet for immediate punishment of a problematic player, but the report function is still very useful.

You can tweak your settings in OBS to reduce FPS drop. I get essentially no FPS drop when I record. I actually just stream directly to twitch so it auto-records (saved for 2 weeks). Since I vehicle whore and get huge killstreaks, it seems to trigger people a lot, ranging from ppl switching teams to c4 me to other bullcrap, so I pretty much always stream now.

My OBS settings that work really well are (you could also further reduce output to x720, you don't need very much resolution to see if someone is griefing or not).

Video:
1598920851436.png

1598920866508.png

I've seen an issue arise with the punish command where you could use it on the enemy that killed you.
That was a good night in AARP..

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
The punish command is heavily abused in all the servers that use it. People who do dumb things like run in front of bipod Lmgs and get killed use punish and kill a poor guy who did nothing wrong among a hundred other scenarios where the punish feature is abused. Just utilize the report command.

Exactly. Not stepping in front of the loud end of an MG is especially important in real life.