Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Rule Clarification

I saw that El Elfo was temp banned for "Placing mines just outside of enemy uncap". Where is this in the rules? The mines were not in uncap. They looked to be about 5 yards outside of it. I've never heard of a rule against 'camping uncap' on this server. This is extremely common on bz2. Either with mines, c4, or snipers camping uncap waiting for people to leave. I'm not arguing about it, I'm just asking for clarification. And if this is considered 'attacking uncap', you should clarify it in the actual rules. Thanks. P.S. I don't use these cheap tactics because I have flags to cap.

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
The question was asked within the rules thread and answered. Prohibiting the placement of mines inside or just outside of uncap has been enforced for several years now.
On maps such as pearl market, one of the uncap areas only has set exit points for vehicles, by placing mines just outside of uncap you are indirectly attacking uncap. Rather than to make an entire list of map specific rules for people to read through, the rules are kept as simple as possible and cover all of our servers. Most of these extensions are regarded as common sense; such as, don't glitch into areas that make you unkillable.

If players would like to use mines, the minimum distance away from uncap would be on the nearest flag (within the capture area) as that would prevent accidental placement within the enemy's uncap.

The only time I saw that it was answered in the rules thread was in reference to this exact ban. Seems like a pretty easy thing to add to the actual rules if you're going to issue 7 day bans for it, especially when stealing from uncap is allowed. And shooting from it, and returning fire, etc. Is it just mines, or can you use claymores and c4 outside of uncap? Can you snipe people as soon as they leave uncap? How long do you have to wait until a vehicle leaves uncap to hit it with rockets?

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
As long as you can't get into the rubble and become unkillable but still shoot other players, it's probably fine. There's tons of spots like that where you have to run out of bounds and then back in.

As long as you can't get into the rubble and become unkillable but still shoot other players, it's probably fine. There's tons of spots like that where you have to run out of bounds and then back in.
I did it on an empty server, so I have no way of knowing if you can shoot trough the rubble or not.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
You cannot shoot out of it.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
That spot is allowed by BA as well.

Had another question popping up, so lemme ask. Does the "we don't tolerate teamkills" rule apply to cheaters, glitchers, and equipment/spawn beacons placed in forbidden spots?
Not that I'm gonna go after my way to do that, because the one who's gonna get flagged is obviously me.