Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Should a CDL be required to operate a forklift?

Important question.

Important question.
No, my father delivered oil to pay for college and never had special licenses or certifications to do so. Man made good money as a 19 year old.

Licensing schemes just make the gov more money and are used to control the population. Half of the courses are easy af to pass which makes the whole thing fukn pointless since anyone with room temp iq can pass the exams

This is such a conundrum of a question. Looking at regular personal-vehicle drivers, we know licensing proves nothing in terms of skill and knowledge.

But I also like to know that the asshole has a minimum competence level driving the 8 ton death machine as I guide him through the yard before the sun comes up.

Sadly, I know tests and licenses and certificates do not demonstrate a person's competence.

First, we must consider the inherent proposition of safety created when a private citizen is issue a non-commercial driver license. In this case, we know that no harm can come to the driver or others as the state has licensed, nay, certified, that the driver is qualified to operate the conveyance in a professional manner. So, yes, I must insist that we also license the use of forklifts because if we don't someone might get hurt.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
In this case, we know that no harm can come to the driver or others as the state has licensed, nay, certified, that the driver is qualified to operate the conveyance in a professional manner.
I beg to differ that "no harm" will come to either party. Certified, licensed or otherwise, human error still comes into play. Especially when certified individuals become complacent with safety procedures because they think their experience means they know better/accidents wont happen to them.

I beg to differ that "no harm" will come to either party. Certified, licensed or otherwise, human error still comes into play. Especially when certified individuals become complacent with safety procedures because they think their experience means they know better/accidents wont happen to them.

Sarcasm, dude, sarcasm. You missed it.

PXL_20240124_170120514.jpg
When idiots aren't certified. Saw this going to a job site. 12k telehandler.. dude had no training and hopped out as it was tipping over nearly getting crushed.. so do they require a licence? No.. but an operator training card is a must.. well, the people going to sue and make a few extra million off this idiot.