Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Siege of Shanghai, how to activate the weapon?

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
That is the base AA which is automatic and very bad, especially against fast moving targets (jets, or full speed helicopters at the base AA's max range).

It only fires at ENEMIES THAT ARE SPOTTED and in its "range" (about 0 - 200m)

This makes it effectively useless in 99/100 cases, as enemies are rarely spotted by your teammates, and in the cases you need it, it is likely hard to spot the enemy yourself. If the pilot of a helicopter or any other vehicle bails out, the enemy spot is removed and the base AA will stop shooting.

The base AA is a massive joke.

spot anything near base and it will shot.....but only at flying things....

This makes it effectively useless in 99/100 cases, as enemies are rarely spotted by your teammates, and in the cases you need it, it is likely hard to spot the enemy yourself. If the pilot of a helicopter or any other vehicle bails out, the enemy spot is removed and the base AA will stop shooting.
ok now I get it, if any of my teammates spot an enemy helicopter, stationary AA has continuous fire, hmmm it makes sense :D

thanks all for the reply

It's not as useful as it was in BF3 when you could actually sit inside of it and shoot out but it is still somewhat useful. Probably less so on Siege because of the buildings in the way but in some of the more open maps I have seen ( and been the cause of ) it killing spotted enemy jets.

It's not as useful as it was in BF3 when you could actually sit inside of it and shoot out but it is still somewhat useful. Probably less so on Siege because of the buildings in the way but in some of the more open maps I have seen ( and been the cause of ) it killing spotted enemy jets.
on siege is very useful when the enemy is attacking your base out of the rules or when wants to steal a helicopter.
I died a few times trying to steal a helicopter :)

Agreed. I loved the base AA on BF3 - that had some sting to it even though it was always placed so it did almost nothing to help the game. But if someone was fool enough to raid the base then it was devastating even in normal game mode.
It could be useful when you're all-capped. Also on Oman, if I remember correctly, you could shoot at the snipers on the tower from the Russian base with it. I think DICE removed it because people would also TK and grief with them and since you're in an invincible position which can damage infantry and ( I think ) all vehicles it was almost impossible to stop them unless you were on a server with attentive admins.

It could be useful when you're all-capped. Also on Oman...
... invincible position which can damage infantry and ( I think ) all vehicles it was almost impossible...

Oman my favorite map in BF3 (PS3) on jets I had there over 500 hours . AA that was on the aircraft carrier was hard to hit the tank and damage it because was a bit too far from the beach.

Spotting any aircraft camping or near the uncapped, with make the AA guns lock onto that aircraft.
While not effective by itself, if being shot or hit with something else.
It will effectively help kill that target.
I always spot aircraft in the area of...