Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

where are the server BF4

Has someone been attacking the servers or something? Seems to be a lot of outages over the last week

BZ1 was up and running Seige with about 20 players or so..
within the last 10mins 1356EST
Then crashed with 200 tics or less.

how are they attacking the server? it doesn't appear to be a typical connect/disconnect attack because the server will abruptly lose connection at once with hardly any lag leading up to it. it also seems strange that sometimes the server will disconnect while its full and there's a queue. ideally, a full server won't be able to be attacked using connection spam because it's too full to allow new connections.

a simple solution would just be to check how frequently certain IPs attempt to connect to the server, and if its like 5 times a second or so, just ban that IP. i have no clue how BF4 servers work under the hood but if they're anything like other game servers, incoming connections will log their IP address. sometimes banned accounts can ddos servers because they will still be able to connect and load into the server before being kicked.

how are they attacking the server? it doesn't appear to be a typical connect/disconnect attack because the server will abruptly lose connection at once with hardly any lag leading up to it. it also seems strange that sometimes the server will disconnect while its full and there's a queue. ideally, a full server won't be able to be attacked using connection spam because it's too full to allow new connections.

a simple solution would just be to check how frequently certain IPs attempt to connect to the server, and if its like 5 times a second or so, just ban that IP. i have no clue how BF4 servers work under the hood but if they're anything like other game servers, incoming connections will log their IP address. sometimes banned accounts can ddos servers because they will still be able to connect and load into the server before being kicked.
If I had to guess, a classic DDoS attack when likely banned nerd gets bored and remembers he's an asshole starts it up again. There's been times there was random extreme lag without server crashing (probably failed attempt) and nerd mustered up more power. I feel it should be something the data center deals with IMO.