Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

102 Kills Sniper PTFO - Tips / Tricks / Guide Thread

I'm not a perfect player. But, I just want to help the community get better. I hope any of the information I provided help. Here is sniper game play - 102 Kills Sniping PTFO

Guide :

Beginning of the Game :

Get the Armored Car and take it straight to C ( Usually Middle Flag ). Don’t Waste it on the beginning Flags. As you see in the video, we get a 4 cap the first minute of the game which forces me to switch teams. Ideal Play : If you're the driver, position yourself passively and don’t get out. Your teammates can still spawn in. This is why you should be patient and wait during the spawn screen. You can get 10 people on C in the beginning of the match w/ some cooperation.

If you get the horse in the beginning or during any part of the game and find yourself to be the last one alive in your squad, consider hopping out so a teammate can spawn in and then getting back on the horse.

Behemoth and Train: Use this as a spawn point rather than a weapon of destruction. Teams should save one seat in the train / Behemoth as a spawn point. For example, if your playing Seuz, take the train to the first flag of the enemy team. One seat open = teammate spawn in, get out, teammate spawn in, get out, etc. This is a lot better than hogging all the seats with the train because your forcing your team to play the same exact way they have been. Which probably didn't work so well ! It's a spawn point on steroids. Remember, whatever way your pointing the gunner is where you going to get out. So position yourself accordingly.

Capping Objectives :
If your capping an objective, keep your eye out on this : http://imgur.com/C0cMkKJ. This is the ratio of how many players on your team vs the enemy team are on the flag. I can't tell you how many times I have played this game and my team takes E with one guy on the enemy team hiding in a corner. Everyone on the team runs to the next objective. 30 seconds later, we lose the E flag because the one guy was in a 5 man squad and they all spawned in seconds after. That one guy can make a major difference. He's a hero. You can use this to your advantage : I still saw the sign still red so I knew someone had to be around here and Killed the LMG guy at the very end. Eliminate sections of the flag area to increase your chances of knowing where the enemy is going to be. Keep Mental notes of where enemies typically like to hide when capping a certain objective. Going back to the video, there is that one area of crates where people like to hide when capping C.

This brings me to the next point, a lot of people hide / look the same way their teammates are looking when Capping flags. Try to see how your team is positioned when capping a flag and watch an angle that no one is looking towards. And don't hide when capping. Of course, this is situational. But try to watch the most common angles, you increase the chances of getting the jump on enemies first because they usually tend to run towards the flag. If you find your squad only capping an objective, equip smokes and throw them on your flanks. Not inside the objective capping area, but slightly outside. Remember, if they enter the flag cap area, the sign above will alert you if someone is in close proximity to you. Flash Flares also work in these type of situations and also covering doors. You can also put a flash flare right behind your butt, enemies don't like looking near flashed areas for obvious reasons.

I believe it's a huge myth you have to actually be capping an objective to be PTFO. If you position yourself correctly, your still adding value to the team by watching a certain angle. Of course, this rule mostly applies if your team is actually capping an objective. If not, then the ideal play is to get on the objective. Or when the game is close and the team doesn’t have time for your shenanigans. Because, the way the game works is if your capping a flag, the enemies are forced to spawn outside the flag area. If no one is capping your objective, then you increase the chances of spawning inside the flag area. Let me explain. Spawn traps. Here are spawn traps I put together for ballroom blitz. http://imgur.com/lvIqcpy

So, let's say your squad is capping the A objective with the image I provided. The Yellow dot in the image is the sniper. And the red squares is the forced spawn. This is where they automatically spawn in the game. 9 times out of 10. Why ? Because it's also closest to C. The blue is the secondary spawns in case someone on your team is hanging around where the red squares are. Spawn Traps are a pivotal part of the game. You want to know where the enemies are coming from when taking a flag. If your getting spawn trapped, that is an indication that you lost the flag and you should fall back to a previous flag and progress from there. So, the sniper ( The yellow dot ) is watching a key area. All the red squares are going to be running towards the flag and he can pick them off/spot. Giving the team/squad some room to breathe when capping. If all the squad members for any reason die, they have a spawn point to fall back on, the sniper ! How many times have you ran from C to B , trying to cap the objective, squad wiped and then finding yourself back to square one. Nothing wrong with a sniper hanging back, watching a good angle and also holding a spawn point for the squad. Once the flag is neutralized, the sniper can go and help the squad cap the objective. Or has the choice of falling back to C if it's being challenged by the enemy.

I explain the C spawn trap slightly in the video. And yes, BF1 moments occur when you spawn right behind 5 enemies or in front of 3. It's not a perfect system.
You can figure out spawn traps on other maps by always taking mental notes where you spawn according to where the enemy team is.

Sliding is the new Bunny hopping. I do it a lot in the video. Here is another clip : https://clips.twitch.tv/proven_enough/AliveHerdBigBrother . Don't abuse it ( something I need to work on ). It can backfire at times.

If your sniping, consider equipping anti tank nade with K bullets. You do roughly about 50 damage. Can solo an armored car.

Spam spot flares if your playing normal mode.

Equip an hatchet. I know other melee weapons do just as much damage. But, if someone is close to you. Snipe and hatchet them. A lot quicker than taking out your pistol. Also, one shot with the bodeo and hatchet works just as well.

Challenge yourself to spend less time zooming in when Sniping. Always, keep your movements unpredictable. Line up your crosshairs as best as possible on the enemy and then zoom in.

Pressing tab - Take a glimpse at the enemy team classes vs your team. I remember playing one game where the enemy team only had one medic.

Not sure when to push up ? Press the tab and see how many people are dead on the enemy team. It's a bit harder to do compared to Battlefield 4 but it can still give you a good indication of how many players are
about to spawn when running towards an objective.

Before you spawn in on a squad member or teammates vehicle, tell yourself your probably gonna die doing so. This helps with intensive raging lol
If you see a heavy tank or a vehicle and die by it, while your waiting to spawn, type where the vehicles are at in team chat. I occasionally spawn in assault if an objective is being taken. Sometimes we are given the

impression that it's being taken by infantry so we just spawn in only to be helpless seconds later.
Switch teams if you find yourself demolishing the enemy team. I know a win is important, but, try to challenge yourself or squad with a **** team.

Heavy tanks are better than arty tanks.

Key Bindings : Scroll wheel up as primary weapon only and spotting. Easy spam to spot and can still switch to primary.

Most importantly, it's just a game. Have fun. If you find yourself screaming and getting annoyed, back off, quit game and do something more enjoyable.