Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

1942 Mod

I saw this randomly, in my Louggle new feed.
Someone created a graphics mod, for the original 1942.
By all accounts, it looks amazing, from the pictures.

Original 1942 beta vet here with campaign ribbons for: Battlefield 1942 and all expansions, Vietnam, BF2(My personal fav) and all expansions, Bad Company, Heros (LMFAO), BF3 and all expansions, BF4 all expansions, BF1 vanilla, BF5 vanilla, and alittle 2042.
At this point, I am just sticking BF4 out.

I remember back in BF2, if took real skill to fly helos, and jets. Not how the controls are now, setup for noobs, and people not good at it.
What is your favorite series of all the Fields??

My favorite from the Battlefield series is Battlefield Vietnam : the original "BFV". Cruising around maps with some classic rock blaring for everyone to hear was amazing. I also had a joystick that allowed me to be a relatively decent pilot. I wasn't the best but I could manage to get some kills with the F4, and pilot helicopters enough to cause some damage and/or transport some troops. Compared to now, in BF4, where I can barely manage to get off the ground. That joystick broke at some point and I've been wingless since then.

An honorable mention however goes to the Desert Combat mod for BF1942. Battlefield 1942 itself was a great game but the Desert Combat mod was my peak for that entry. The modders did a great job with that. I think some of them were even invited to participate in the development of BF2.

Sadly I didn't have a PC to play BF2 and BF2142 so I missed out on those ones in their prime and only played BF2 briefly before BF3 came out just to get the feel of it. Vietnam was my last Battlefield game until Bad Company 2 came out and got me back into the series when I also happened to have a computer that could run games again. Bad Company 2 is a great game, and I think it's many people's favorite, but it's not a "real" Battlefield game to me.

My favorite from the Battlefield series is Battlefield Vietnam : the original "BFV". Cruising around maps with some classic rock blaring for everyone to hear was amazing. I also had a joystick that allowed me to be a relatively decent pilot. I wasn't the best but I could manage to get some kills with the F4, and pilot helicopters enough to cause some damage and/or transport some troops. Compared to now, in BF4, where I can barely manage to get off the ground. That joystick broke at some point and I've been wingless since then.

An honorable mention however goes to the Desert Combat mod for BF1942. Battlefield 1942 itself was a great game but the Desert Combat mod was my peak for that entry. The modders did a great job with that. I think some of them were even invited to participate in the development of BF2.

Sadly I didn't have a PC to play BF2 and BF2142 so I missed out on those ones in their prime and only played BF2 briefly before BF3 came out just to get the feel of it. Vietnam was my last Battlefield game until Bad Company 2 came out and got me back into the series when I also happened to have a computer that could run games again. Bad Company 2 is a great game, and I think it's many people's favorite, but it's not a "real" Battlefield game to me.
Yes, the original BF:V was the shit. Flying, or driving around, listening to your own tunes. I was in a clan of about 40-50 guys -SDS- and we all made sure to have the same folder of music.
Crazy hearing some drive by, or fly over you jamming out. LOL
Lifting shit up with the huey, and then dropping it on enemies. To bad the game didnt hold a candle to the trailer for the game.
It showed you being able to tow arty stacks behind jeeps.
That is pretty much where squeshy boots started.

Heroes was a god damn joke. It was like playing TFC, with BF classes.