Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

about Mav/Beacon flying

I've been noticing a MASSIVE increase in players using mav's to put beacons in impossible to reach places and I want to know what the general consensus is about this.

Specifically on the metro/locker/market server. For Pearl Market, there's beacons showing up on the D roof and other buildings without stair access.

Its not a major issue on Pearl as other mavs can eventually take them out but when it comes to metro, on A they show up on the top floors on the side facing obj but are impossible to access on foot so once its there, it seems the whole team places their own once they spawn and then the game is lost every time if you happen to be on the team that spawns outside tunnel.

You can see the beacon icon through the walls but since they are in places where players were never meant to access, all you can do is stare at the icon blankly.

Its not technically a glitch or anything but there's no way the devs intended the mav to be used to put a beacon "outside" the map.
gyat_rizzler is the only one I've confirmed to be doing this regularly 20231219225334_1.jpg20231219225341_1.jpg20231219225347_1.jpg

RipeSnipe

-bZ- Member
you don't even need a mav to access either areas you described.
go youtube the areas in question and see for yourself how easy it is to access.

the doors on A third floor metro are not bulletproof. hope this helps.

M320s are your friend for dealing with the third floor areas on Metro. For a map where people complain about explosives it seems like 90% of the players don't actually know how to use them.

M320s are your friend for dealing with the third floor areas on Metro. For a map where people complain about explosives it seems like 90% of the players don't actually know how to use them.
This is why I love having explosives in Metro. I always hear or see at least people bitch about explosives on Metro. Ever play metro with explosives ban'd from it? Its HORRIBLE. By Stats Im one of the very best at m320 shots. Reason? Metro. I got sick to death of CAMPERS in metro. 320's level the playing field against campers.

This is why I love having explosives in Metro. I always hear or see at least people bitch about explosives on Metro. Ever play metro with explosives ban'd from it? Its HORRIBLE. By Stats Im one of the very best at m320 shots. Reason? Metro. I got sick to death of CAMPERS in metro. 320's level the playing field against campers.
Absolutely. They are a vital tool and are relatively easy to counter as well. Ever see how easy it can be to shut down someone with the APS?

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
In regard to the screenshots you posted, that area of Metro is fine. As was stated, explosives are the counter. On top of Delta on Pearl is also fine, there's a legitimate way on top of it without use of a MAV. As for Locker, it depends on where you're talking about. There's an area where players are inside of the actual ceiling/mountain and that will get you banned, otherwise you'll need to specify.

RipeSnipe

-bZ- Member
he thinks this is bf3 still and you can stand on a mav and drive yourself onto roofs. the only thing a mav helps with is needing a ledge or step to jump/vault on for some very specific spots