Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Altai + Dragon Pass in 7

Could we look into the stats for Altai and DP in server 7. I have yet to have a match in Altai where attackers made it past the first set, and in Dragon Pass, attackers rarely make it past the second. Usually they are incredibly boring. If the stats show a drop in player count as well, it might be worth taking them back off the rotating. Was good to try them out but people typically vote the maps in, 1 team gets trashed, and then people start ragequiting.

dek128

Donator
Altai has been played 19 times on bZ7 so far. Can't speak to all those games, but I've been in a couple where attackers broke through all the way to the third set, and one where attackers won. Given how many existing maps are stacked in the favor of skilled attackers (Rogue, Dawnbreaker anyone?), I don't see that alone as a strong argument for kicking Altai off the rotation. The stats for Dragon Pass based on my recollection are even better for attackers, roughly 40% wins.

At any rate, player count / player delta stats should ideally be used as the sole deciding factor. I haven't seen any mass "ragequitting" following (or during) either map.

Yep that's why I started off this post asking to check the stats. I have seen population drop heavily after Altai matches before, so if the stats show that being a consistent issue then it's worth removing. If people don't seem to have an issue with it, it stays in. I'll note that I've played Altai 6 or 7 times so far on both teams and I've yet to see the second set a single time. 1 of those games the attacker managed to take 1 mcom in the first set before losing.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Just my own observation is that during work hours (which is when I'm typically on) I don't see any drop off with any map. That might be different at night but I'm not seeing it during the day.