Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Anyone here a Microsoft Outlook buff?

lol.

I use my outlook calendar for everything & someone sent me a heart emoji........ lol except I don't know how to figure out who sent it. Couple decent looking women working there but I never spoke to them except for one who is actually pretty & has been my trainer but the others just keep staring at me when they pass by as they seem shy and are at least a few years older than me. Probably divorced too or thinking they wish they had kids damn. Savage!

I'd like to figure out who sent it but I hope it don't turn out to be another fatal attraction smh. Yup I said ANOTHER fatal attraction. Damn when I was 27 I got with this phony who said she was 32 but was really 42 and after a few months I said I want no more of it "cough, cough." I don't even want to say what happened but I ended up getting a restraining order.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
lol.

I use my outlook calendar for everything & someone sent me a heart emoji........ lol except I don't know how to figure out who sent it. Couple decent looking women working there but I never spoke to them except for one who is actually pretty & has been my trainer but the others just keep staring at me when they pass by as they seem shy and are at least a few years older than me. Probably divorced too or thinking they wish they had kids damn. Savage!

I'd like to figure out who sent it but I hope it don't turn out to be another fatal attraction smh. Yup I said ANOTHER fatal attraction. Damn when I was 27 I got with this phony who said she was 32 but was really 42 and after a few months I said I want no more of it "cough, cough." I don't even want to say what happened but I ended up getting a restraining order.

I take it this is your personal email and not your enterprise email?

If so you can get emojis, fonts, and etc. via your RSS feed or even via otherwise innocent documents.

There used to be a fun exploit in Outlook where you could send a custom font message drafted in Word via Outlook (which uses Word to edit email) and the font would become the locked-in default font on the .normal template for everyone hapless enough to open the email.

So there was a team of stodgy, wrinkled-assed engineers at my workplace and I sent them a shared calendar item with the letter "i" in one word using a purple font that had hearts over all the letters i and j.

The stupid support team burned down all of the involved accounts instead of just deleting the involved .normal templates (which autogenerate to MS default on reboot).

Good times. :cool:

I take it this is your personal email and not your enterprise email?

If so you can get emojis, fonts, and etc. via your RSS feed or even via otherwise innocent documents.

There used to be a fun exploit in Outlook where you could send a custom font message drafted in Word via Outlook (which uses Word to edit email) and the font would become the locked-in default font on the .normal template for everyone hapless enough to open the email.

So there was a team of stodgy, wrinkled-assed engineers at my workplace and I sent them a shared calendar item with the letter "i" in one word using a purple font that had hearts over all the letters i and j.

The stupid support team burned down all of the involved accounts instead of just deleting the involved .normal templates (which autogenerate to MS default on reboot).

Good times. :cool:
Not personal email. It's the work email and on their server. I never have outlook fully expanded and just noticed I can access/view everyone's calendar. My take this is how they sent it to me.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Not personal email. It's the work email and on their server. I never have outlook fully expanded and just noticed I can access/view everyone's calendar. My take this is how they sent it to me.

Sounds like someone in your IT Admin changed the default calendar access rights. Most places leave this set at None but you've probably got one of the three new view rights.

Here's something fun to try: With their permission open a calendar for a coworker and see if you can edit one of their calendar items. If so you should contact your IT support. This might be an indicator of compromise (virus, hacker, Trojan, etc.) or they might have really fucked up and set the default calendar permission level to Edit.

Sounds like someone in your IT Admin changed the default calendar access rights. Most places leave this set at None but you've probably got one of the three new view rights.

Here's something fun to try: With their permission open a calendar for a coworker and see if you can edit one of their calendar items. If so you should contact your IT support. This might be an indicator of compromise (virus, hacker, Trojan, etc.) or they might have really fucked up and set the default calendar permission level to Edit.
NGL these people don't know how to run a business. All the managers are new and one of them quit already.

The calendar is open only for our entire team and I thought about editing someone's calendar but wasn't sure if there's a trail to lead back to me.

Anyways these guys get all kinds of spam and even phony emails with our legit signature and names except the email address is wrong. The IT department is more for basic maintenance otherwise they'd tighten up the security.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
The calendar is open only for our entire team and I thought about editing someone's calendar but wasn't sure if there's a trail to lead back to me.

There certainly is! That's why I advised you ask for permission before testing this theory.

Or just wait for some idiot in your organization to do it without permission and then get frog-marched out the front door by humorless guys in bright blue FBI turnout jackets. That'll work too.