Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Anyone like corvettes?

Oh wow such crazy timing for this post lol. Today I decided to finally give away my best girl, a 2005 Crown Vic Police Interceptor that I rebuilt from scratch and have cherished for 13 years. She's been on her last legs for a few months now and it's finally time to put her down :( Been through multiple breakups with parteners since owning this car but this somehow hurts way more...

I have to say I've been looking at vehicles for my daughter and the prices are... very good... but I'm veeeeeeeeeeeeeerry weary about them as well.
I would be too, nobody is selling their perfect condition cars there. Thorough inspection and carfax reports are needed. You can definitely score though, a lot of people just want to get rid of their cars as fast as possible and not deal with any headache

Covert8645

-bZ- Member
I would be too, nobody is selling their perfect condition cars there. Thorough inspection and carfax reports are needed. You can definitely score though, a lot of people just want to get rid of their cars as fast as possible and not deal with any headache
I was looking at getting my daughter a truck since that's what she's going to be learning on, but I'm very skeptical on FB marketplace... A tooooon of good prices but I just don't know about trusting them.

Was thinking about giving my daughter my truck and picking up some shitter on FB MP but I don't want to fall into that pit as well lol

I was looking at getting my daughter a truck since that's what she's going to be learning on, but I'm very skeptical on FB marketplace... A tooooon of good prices but I just don't know about trusting them.

Was thinking about giving my daughter my truck and picking up some shitter on FB MP but I don't want to fall into that pit as well lol
Maybe go to your local mechanic and ask if they sell any of their customers cars.

Best vehicle I’ve ever owned was a 96 Jeep Cherokee with 120k miles on it. I bought it from my family mechanic and they had all of the service records.

Covert8645

-bZ- Member
My truck was paid off years ago, daughter will be learning to drive in it, but I was also looking at FB MP for a replacement for me to drive too since she'll be used to mine.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
In June 2021 I bought a used 2007 Volvo XC90. It's an AWD SUV.

I needed something with some more room than our sedan and with at least a light off-road capability. I had been considering the new Ford Bronco but at that time the dealers were demanding $70k and up for them. No way I was going to drop that kind of money on something I fully intended to beat up and park outside.

The XC90 was only $7,000 and after I put another $10,000 into it it's a great car. Bilstein suspension all the way around, put on Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain tires, upgraded the CPU, upgraded the cooling system, replaced the headlights (they were fogged over) and installed LEDs, and did a few other things as well.

It's been to Pismo Beach and we've had it out on the dunes and no problem! Did a bunch of 4x4 trails up in Oregon in October, went partway on the Rubicon Trail with some friends over the summer, and it did the Shafer Trail at Canyonlands as well. Solid car.

In June 2021 I bought a used 2007 Volvo XC90. It's an AWD SUV.

I needed something with some more room than our sedan and with at least a light off-road capability. I had been considering the new Ford Bronco but at that time the dealers were demanding $70k and up for them. No way I was going to drop that kind of money on something I fully intended to beat up and park outside.

The XC90 was only $7,000 and after I put another $10,000 into it it's a great car. Bilstein suspension all the way around, put on Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain tires, upgraded the CPU, upgraded the cooling system, replaced the headlights (they were fogged over) and installed LEDs, and did a few other things as well.

It's been to Pismo Beach and we've had it out on the dunes and no problem! Did a bunch of 4x4 trails up in Oregon in October, went partway on the Rubicon Trail with some friends over the summer, and it did the Shafer Trail at Canyonlands as well. Solid car.
lol I’ve done that first portion of the rubicon too… the Stage 1 area. Had a 2WD Jeep with a spare tire on the top. It was cute