Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Arma 3

F

FCK-U

I don't know where else to post this, so I'll give this a shot. I'm thinking about getting Arma 3. I understand that some here play this game. So for those that do, what type of Arma 3 "Bundle" do I need to buy to have all the maps and dlc's??

Thank You.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Nope, I think you just need the base game. 

Most folks around here play either a DayZ mod, or something similar. They can walk you through how to install that stuff, but I think it's done mostly through Steam.

Engel

-bZ- Member
Donator
Little late, but it depends how indepth you want to go, the dlc doesn't add a whole lot to the game, but if you ever come across any of the dlc stuff in a mod you cant use it. I think theres a bundle that has the game+3 dlc addons+ a new map dlc and content for like 70$ on steam, Which is really good because with purchasing everything seperately i think I've about put 120$ into this game.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
There are lots of free missions you can download if you want. Lots of places to take this game. However, I don't think our community really plays this out. Mostly, it's just the zombie/survival stuff we play here.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
It can still be a lot of fun. A time suck, but a lot of fun none the less.

F

FCK-U

I remember playing "Arma" when it first came out. But as I recall there's a lot of open space. Thus, when you game multiplayer you can go on for some time until you make contact with the enemy. Correct??

Engel

-bZ- Member
Donator
Yea you can say that, I've got 1500hrs in arma2 and 500hrs in arma 3 and you need a truely dedicated group to play these games. I play alot of King of the hill in arma 3 where its not a big space and you know where your enemy is going to be. But between arma2 dayz mods, you could run into people anywhere on the map, even just walking through a forest and from my experience in arma3 its not like that because many of the maps are alot bigger and you find alot more people along roads and in large towns.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I've been playing this series since it was Operation Flashpoint in 2001, and there can be a lot of nothing. I don't have quite as many hours, but I've played as part of a 50 man platoon on a couple of missions where you just play against bots, and it was pretty fun, but pretty boring as well. We spent a good hour and a half just walking in a column until we made contact. That engagement lasted a total of about 5 minutes, and then a bunch more walking.

If you're looking for a good balance between milsim and arcade, I would look at the free to play Project Reality or Squad. PR has BF2 graphics, but the gameplay is stellar, second to none. Squad is still in development, but it looks good and you can get the Arma type realism without the lag time between firefights.