Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Asus Sonic radar

So this is the first few months of me playin PC. I recently switched from PS3 because I built a completely badass CPU.  Well I am the type of guy that when I do something it's go big or go home. Now this all being said I got a sick as hell motherboard and it has something called Sonic Radar that can run during certain games. It can work for COD but not BF4. I have heard that this is because the Sonic Radar program is written in the same form of a hack. I am quite sure it will never make it to BF because of how it is written but my question is: when I use it for COD later this year when the new Black Ops is released will my fellow gamers consider it a hack? I dont want to be known as someone who cheats or hacks or glitches even if accidental or just ignorance to the rule.

what does it do?

i mean granted i know it is an advantage but it is available to anyone who owns an asus ROG mb. so i think it really is kind of a grey line

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
It would be difficult or impossible to tell if anybody was running it.

http://youtu.be/p2XpXzTAq1c?t=31m38s

I guess I don't see it as any more of an advantage than someone having 7.1 surround sound versus someone who doesn't. Or a nice gaming mouse with programmable buttons versus someone who does not.

thats how i view it i mean anyone can get it if the mb supports it however it cannot pass Punkbusters criteria because of how it is written. mI get top shit for everything. I have afterglow headgear with 3dD immersion sound, 3D 7.1 sound system 92" tv and fusion 1 controller.

rather be safe than sorry would wait it out a little see what others are saying about it first. Let them get banned if they do get banned and if there is nothing about it go for it.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
That's the problem. There is no way to detect it, just like there is no way to detect if someone is using a better set of headphones than everyone else. It's not a hack, it's an overlay.

i agree its not a hack its not wrong to use something that anyone can use. and it doesnt effect the gameplay either. if i get shot im dead just like anyone else unlike a hack or glitch 

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
I agree with CR8Z that this is an overlay...however the sdk and api used for this feature

is often read at the code level to be a hack or glitch.

Perception is reality now a days and I would safely bet that most people will

perceive this to be a glitch or hack. (especially in the transparent mode)

My concern is that other servers out there will view you as a hacker.

I know I probably don't help in the decision making but I wanted to throw this out there.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I don't know.

I think what it means is that somebody will be able to blast their music, and STILL "hear" the enemy sneaking up on them by "seeing" the sound with a visual queue. I don't know if I would see that as a hack, anymore than somebody binding a million macros to their mouse vs. someone who can't.

Personally, I would think it's distracting because it's blocking where I might need to aim!