Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Appeal Approved Ban Appeal: 9isMine

In-game Name 9isMine

Have you cheated before? Never.

What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? From what I can tell I got automatically banned by the system for having a stat too high in a single match. I was side-gunning for my friend with a flir-scoped MG4 with a bipod and we were tag-teaming enemies on the rooftop of Hainan Resort. Most people don't actually know this but you gain insane stability if you are on the side of a vehicle with a bipod so I was just firing from the side of a little bird and annihilating infantry with my pilot buddy, swapping seats when he got sniped and dropping onto vehicles to c4 them and such. The ban didn't happen immediately, it was delayed; later about an hour and a half passed I was playing Paracel Storm and RCBing, then suddenly got killed with the message "Thank you for making our system look good. Goodbye.", got a massive reputation drop and then was greeted with the following battlelog message.

Also should go without saying but what I did was nothing special.

Why should we lift your ban? I don't cheat, have never cheated, and have no intention of cheating. I was false-positive'd by the system.

Kick reason (from Battlelog) Game disconnected: you were kicked by an admin. Stated reason: DPS Automatic Ban [4-MG4-56-77-13-137] [perm][AutoAdmin][Appeal at banzore.com]

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://bf4db.com Yes

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://battlefield.agency Yes

RogaineFoam

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Looks like the automatic system banned you for having a KPH stat on the MG4 of 56%. This means that on average, you were 1-2 hitting people for those 77 kills. The round data I have for you using the MG4 is mixed, and doesn't definitively sway my opinion on the automatic ban to either direction.

Is there any additional information you can tell me about these matches / MG4 usage? This ban is based on overall running stats, not any individual games or live stats from a single round. I've highlighted the MG4 matches below.

Attachments

• image_2022-12-10_130430604.png
    image_2022-12-10_130430604.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image_2022-12-10_130711876.png
    image_2022-12-10_130711876.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 28
Looks like the automatic system banned you for having a KPH stat on the MG4 of 56%. This means that on average, you were 1-2 hitting people for those 77 kills. The round data I have for you using the MG4 is mixed, and doesn't definitively sway my opinion on the automatic ban to either direction.

Is there any additional information you can tell me about these matches / MG4 usage? This ban is based on overall running stats, not any individual games or live stats from a single round. I've highlighted the MG4 matches below.

My only guess is that K/H doesn't account for players that were already damaged. If the stats were listed as overall then it's likely, because when I was side gunning it was a good chance that the target was already injured from little bird gunfire, either miniguns or 25mms. All of the highlighted matches were matches on maps that had the scout helicopter as an available vehicle; I seeked out matches that had the vehicle available just so I could be a side-gunner and joined squads of people already in the vehicle so I could do just that as well. I wish I had more clips to show exactly how effective the bipod is, but I have only a few in my shadowplay folder although it might help it make more sense. The only reason the KPH average is that high over all those matches is a few variables:

1) The average amount of kills during those matches is pretty low, which can screw with any average statistics; if I left a server with only 3 kills and all of them were headshots and repeatedly did it over and over, I could theroetically eventually have an average HS/K of 100% over all those matches with that gun.
2) While on the side of a bird, stability & angles of fire can be way unpredictable; I end up a lot of times getting headshots from people either proning to avoid heli fire or the heli itself lowering in altitude which results in me getting a headshot or two (kind of an "ok i'll take it" moment).
3). The players being already damaged by the bird itself or even third-party fire. I think it honestly can be explained by this third variable alone, as I was never leaving the bird's side while gunning. The MG4 also ties with the m249 as being the highest RoF LMG so it gives me a lot of leeway to correct my shot leading. I'm a good side gunner but nowhere near as good to kill a person at full health consistently with only one or two shots, it's almost always a person who's already been hit by some kind of gunfire already. Potentially even "assist count as kill" could fall under that if I damaged someone enough to earn it but that would need some testing to prove or disprove, although I don't think it's off the table at all.

Here's some relevant-ish clips of side-gunning, a bunch of times you can definitely see my pilot firing at infantry together with me. Though these aren't all from the "suspicious" matches in question I think it proves the third point I made already, which is me firing off at enemies who are already damaged by third party or scout heli fire.

This is as close to "proof" as I can get but it's the explanation, these clips of me gunning and my word. I don't often clip many of these encounters, only the ones that I wanted to save at that moment and nobody could have seen this coming. Even I'm kinda baffled that the K/H is so high but all of the factors I stated are the only things that can really explain it.

RogaineFoam

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Could you play several games with that playstyle as to log that gameplay more clearly? 77 kills isn't a huge dataset, but 56% KPH is not plausible with the MG4, especially in non-hardcore gamemodes. Thanks for the information that you provided, it is not definitive though unfortunately.

I went to BF4DB and had a chat with some of the folks there. Apparently this is a well-known bug:
1671010332475.png1671010354767.png

Furthermore I reduced my K/H for the MG4 specifically down to 33% and should be reduced further as it continues to update.
1671010517844.png

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
We know it’s a bug. We still need the stat to come down, which you’ve been doing.