Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Not Banned Ban Appeal: LukeF6

In-game Name LukeF6

Have you cheated before? No

What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? I installed new networking equipment (Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro) at the house and turned on some of the security features. I played Battlefield 4 later that night and received instant bans from Banzore servers. To troubleshoot, I installed Windows from a spare gaming rig I had laying around. I freshly installed Battlefield 4 too. Upon connecting to a Banzore server, I received an instant ban on a machine known to be 100% clean. I believe the firewall features in the Ubiquity UDMPro may have interfered with PunkBuster (speculation). I turned off many of the security features and other official BF4 servers allow me to play without issues. I still cannot play on Banzore because the ban was permanent. There aren't many hardcore servers left out there, and would like to rejoin Banzore servers.

Why should we lift your ban? I didn't cheat, I wasn't disruptive, and I didn't violate any rules. There is a high probability that the ban was due to technical incompatibilities.

Kick reason (from Battlelog) Game disconnected: you were kicked by an admin. Stated reason: Triggered PunkBuster ban Violation (M [perm][BanEnforcer][Appeal at banzore.com]

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://bf4db.com Yes

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://battlefield.agency Yes

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Do you have any other accounts?

How about Frykue?
Frykue is a friend of mine that also played from my house the same night after we installed the Ubiquity UDMPro. I believe he also received a punkbuster ban the same night as me. He is not here right now, so I cannot troubleshoot his account.

Frykue is a friend of mine that also played from my house the same night after we installed the Ubiquity UDMPro. I believe he also received a punkbuster ban the same night as me. He is not here right now, so I cannot troubleshoot his account.
If you could unban him also, he would appreciate it.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
The Frykue account has an active PunkBuster ban, and since you are linked to that account, the Luke6F account is getting kicked for having a linked account with an active ban.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Unfortunately since you admit he played at your house and used the same connection as you, we can't verify if it's actually a friend or you on other accounts. Thus, you getting kicked for a linked account. Do you have any proof (battle reports) of rounds of you playing together at your home?

I wouldn't know how to run such correlated reports, and to be honest I don't have any interest in doing so. I've been playing Battlefield since 2002. I'm 52 years old, and I have never cheated at video games in my life. I have been playing on Banzore servers for years and years and typically score in the top 10 consistently. I don't have any need to cheat. If they go back that far, YOUR logs should show that. Additionally, in those 2 decades all of the internet sites that track cheating have my screen names linked together and none of them show any cheating for either name. Frykue is a real dude named Tom. https://www.facebook.com/frykue/. My name is clearly Luke. We're friends, but we're different people, and Tom has his own copy of Battlefield 4. I'm not using fake/duplicate accounts. To suggest that after two decades of playing the Battlefield series of games, that I have somehow become a cheating hacker after inviting a friend over is a bit bizarre to me. I want to believe that the Banzore admins are reasonable people. If that's true, kindly unban my account.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I wouldn't know how to run such correlated reports, and to be honest I don't have any interest in doing so. I've been playing Battlefield since 2002. I'm 52 years old, and I have never cheated at video games in my life. I have been playing on Banzore servers for years and years and typically score in the top 10 consistently. I don't have any need to cheat. If they go back that far, YOUR logs should show that. Additionally, in those 2 decades all of the internet sites that track cheating have my screen names linked together and none of them show any cheating for either name. Frykue is a real dude named Tom. https://www.facebook.com/frykue/. My name is clearly Luke. We're friends, but we're different people, and Tom has his own copy of Battlefield 4. I'm not using fake/duplicate accounts. To suggest that after two decades of playing the Battlefield series of games, that I have somehow become a cheating hacker after inviting a friend over is a bit bizarre to me. I want to believe that the Banzore admins are reasonable people. If that's true, kindly unban my account.
Banzore admins are reasonable, however you are not banned by Banzore. As Mobius mentioned your friend has a punkbuster ban for Battlefield 3 and you are linked to them. Due to them using your connection, our anticheat sees that link between your accounts and promptly kicks you, this is to prevent people from evading their bans.

You do not currently have a punkbuster ban on your Luke6F account and I did not suggest that you became a cheater, I only stated that we cannot make a distinction without some form of proof, please do not twist my words. I asked for a battle report as that would be the easiest method of proof that you two have played together at one time. Since you're friends as you say, you should have at least a few rounds played together.

A good tool for this is https://bf4cheatreport.com/. Where you plug in your name and then your buddy's and find an overlapping report. Irregardless of whether or not you have any interest in doing so, it's your job to present evidence that proves your innocence, not ours. That being said, as a courtesy to you this time, I dug through your reports.

The reports above reflect rounds where both of you are playing together back in November of 2022. Based on these, I will make adjustments that will allow you to connect.

Your friend however will remain banned until they successfully appeal their BF3 ban (issued 2017).
You can give them this link to PBBans if they wish to appeal: https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-guid-search-1e34eb9df112788841b4f5e6814e6932.html.

I appreciate the unban. Many thanks for going the extra mile and providing a link to the tool. How do you enter two usernames at once for correlation searches?

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I appreciate the unban. Many thanks for going the extra mile and providing a link to the tool. How do you enter two usernames at once for correlation searches?
You don't, you open two tabs/instances and compare them. Then you can modify the startdate variable in the urls and pay attention to the Date/Round ID columns until you find one in common.

Thanks for that insight. I was able to find a match using that method fairly quickly.

2 cents for what it’s worth. The policy to ban one or more players that share a WAN IP with a known banned player seems heavy handed. How are large buildings handled where 100s of users might share the same WAN IP (condos, etc.)? Might I suggest that, in the absence of proof of wrongdoing (as in my case, no BP ban), Banzore take an innocent-until-proven-guilty approach. Respectfully.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
As I mentioned you weren’t directly banned by Banzore. Your IP being linked to an account used to cheat is the issue. From a purely technical standpoint our protections are working as they should which by default includes IPs among other factors. If they're eased any more, we run the risk of cheaters getting through the blocks in place. In cases where a CGNAT is perceived to be present, we'll review bans, but 99% of the time our anticheat protections are correct. Your ISP cycles IPs fairly often, at least on a consumer/residential level, so your case of having an account with a ban matching your IP is an outlier one at that. That being said, that's why we allow appeals, in case there is a discrepancy.