Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Temp Ban Ban Appeal: pattynotoes

In-game Name pattynotoes

Have you cheated before? No

What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? I said "trumpet card" in the chat and triggered an automated language filter ban. Someone else a few seconds ago was similarly punished for saying 'trump' in the chat and I thought it was very abrupt and unwarranted. Multiple people were discussing their political opinions, and were responding to each other in a respectful manner.

The chat filter doesn't discriminate, doesn't acknowledge the context of the message; it just bans users for saying flagged keywords. Sentences like "I just pulled out my trump card!" would have users banned. Last year, someone from Nigeria mentioned his home country in the chat and was immediately banned from the server. Words like 'Christian', 'Muslim', 'Buddhist', 'Hindu' are permissible in chat, but 'Jewish' results in a ban. It feels oppressive.

Why should we lift your ban? I typed that sentence knowing that the keyword 'trump' results in a ban. I was under the impression that the keyword would need to be said in isolation to trigger the automated filter, and I was wrong.' I wasn't trying to test out the filter, I legitimately believed that 'trumpet' was allowed to say on the server. I referred to it in the context of "trump card" an idiom for an unexpected advantage. I could not complete the idiom without the use of a flagged keyword, so I used other words to refer to it. "donald" and "trumpet" seemed like acceptable replacements, and most people in the chat at the time would understand the context. Despite my use of 'donald' I wasn't trying to refer to the politician Donald Trump. I simply used his first name through word association as it was the first and closest thing in my mind that would represent the word 'trump.'

This is the second time I have been banned for this issue. It would appear to anyone as a pattern and would discourage them from lifting the ban. It also appears like I was evading the chat filter on purpose. I personally think that what I said made very little impact on the game and offended nobody. I do not believe a permanent ban fits the crime.

Kick reason (from Battlelog) N/A

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://bf4db.com Yes

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://battlefield.agency Yes

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Automatic ban expires in 2 hours.